Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: SLV-600P Dimmer

SLV-600P Dimmer

Can I use a Lutron Skylark Model SLV-600P dimmer to control a WAC LED Landscape magnetic transformer Model 9600-TRN, max output 600 watts ( 80% = 480 watts) ? The transformer has 12-15 volt taps. It is mounted indoors. If yes, how should it be wired ? Thank you

The 80% rule is to allow for the power that the transformer consumes. Your transformer may be more or less efficient. There should also be a rating for LED loads. I would be surprised if you could put 480w of LED on it.

The transformer has multiple taps to allow for longer wire runs. The longer the wire, the lower the voltage at the end. If the light at the end is not responding properly, you may need to use one of the other taps. I would start with the 12v tap.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

SLV-600P Dimmer Switch

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Robinson View Post
    Can I use a Lutron Skylark Model SLV-600P dimmer to control a WAC LED Landscape magnetic transformer Model 9600-TRN, max output 600 watts ( 80% = 480 watts) ? The transformer has 12-15 volt taps. It is mounted indoors. If yes, how should it be wired ? Thank you
    Thank you for replying. What is the Lutron Skylark Model SLV-600P switch rated for in watts ? I know the 12 - 15 voltage taps on the transformer are for longer wire runs, can you also increase wattage ?

Hello Ross Robinson,

Thank you for your post!

Unfortunately, none of our wallbox dimmers are rated for over 250W of CFL and LEDs. If you are unable to split the load, we would recommend using our PHPM interface. Keep in mind there is no industry standard for LEDs, so the PHPMs load capacity varies from LED to LED. I have linked the spec sheet of the PHPM below. Additionally, I see you are using a transformer. Low voltage LEDs are some of the hardest to dim in the market, as the LED, transformer, and dimmer must all be compatible in order to function properly. I have also included an app note regarding our only recommended solution for low voltage LEDs, this does include the PHPM interfaces.

PHPM Spec Sheet: http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...ary/369835.pdf

App Note 559: http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...ary/048559.pdf

Hope this helps!