Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Casetas Pro with Dumb Switch Paddle Same Gang

Casetas Pro with Dumb Switch Paddle Same Gang

Hello,

I'm curious if you can have a dumb switch and a caseta smart switch in the same gang. Does the wall plate cover accommodate a regular paddle switch?

No, Caseta switches will take the whole space. If you need two devices, you'll need a two gang box. No "stack" devices.

You could use a Pico next to the dumb paddle switch and have the Caseta switch or dimmer elsewhere. You would be able to effectively float the Pico over the wall in a two gang plate attached to the single gang box with the dumb switch.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Quote Originally Posted by SDR-Mike View Post
    No, Caseta switches will take the whole space. If you need two devices, you'll need a two gang box. No "stack" devices.

You could use a Pico next to the dumb paddle switch and have the Caseta switch or dimmer elsewhere. You would be able to effectively float the Pico over the wall in a two gang plate attached to the single gang box with the dumb switch.

Oh thanks for the reply. I may not have articulated my question well. I have a 2 and 3 gang box. I have the Claro 2 and 3 gang plate on order, but I only want 1 or 2 Caseta switches and 1 regular dumb switch (Decor style). I was worried about the dumb switch not fitting flush with the wall plate.

I guess is the Claro wall plate cover usable with other switches than the Caseta

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SDR-Mike View Post

Oh thanks for the reply. I may not have articulated my question well. I have a 2 and 3 gang box. I have the Claro 2 and 3 gang plate on order, but I only want 1 or 2 Caseta switches and 1 regular dumb switch (Decor style). I was worried about the dumb switch not fitting flush with the wall plate.

I guess is the Claro wall plate cover usable with other switches than the Caseta

Quote Originally Posted by dhpeter View Post

- - - Updated - - -

The decora opening size is universal so a dumb paddle switch fits in a claro wallplate no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill13 View Post
    The decora opening size is universal so a dumb paddle switch fits in a claro wallplate no problem.
    thank you!!