Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Lutron HVAC Controller for Radiant, Suitability and Mode?

Lutron HVAC Controller for Radiant, Suitability and Mode?

Marketing brochure has a "yes" for radiant use. I think my sub will use Taco Zone Controllers, gas fired boiler with pumps, etc.

Am I giving up anything big vs other thermostat options (Tekmar pitches some sort of modulating control)?

What mode should be selected with the Lutron controller? Conventional Gas/Oil Heat System (1 stage heat/1 stage cool)?

If you are also controlling AC the only thing I wish they had was a fan cycle option, helps even out temps and clean the air of allergens. Can't think of anything else.

I'm interested in this as well. I have hydronic in-floor heating with 12 zones, also using Taco zone controllers. The previous owner set up HVAC controllers on two of the zones, the rest are on Honeywell 1000 simple thermostats. The Tekmar and others appear to be specific to the needs of high-mass radiant systems, with learning controls for avoiding overshoot, but I don't think I can integrate them for remote control. The Lutron HVAC controller has some capacity in this regard as well, with some learning if I'm correct. I'd like to go with Lutron so I can integrate into my whole system (I'm on Homeworks but same HVAC controller) but if you can only have 4 controllers on the system, it doesn't work for me. Nest has their "True Radiant" learning mode than can adjust on and off times up to 5 hours, so that may be a middle ground, albeit not nearly as neat an install.