Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: DVCL-153P vs DVCL-153PR

Authorized Lutron Contributor

DVCL-153P vs DVCL-153PR

There was some confusion on the part numbers for the Diva CL dimmer and we thought it would be a good idea to clarify the difference:

The 'R' in the DVCL-153PR means "Retail Packaging". These are the same dimmer.

My first post! This seems like a good place to start. What does the WH add-on to DVCL-153P mean? (I have an idea...)

DVCL-153P with Locator Light

I am looking to get the Diva DVCL-153P Switch (Padle/Dimmer) that also incorporates a locator light to easily find switch in the dark. Does anyone know the model number or if Lutron makes this model?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Hello Brian Birk,Thanks for your post! There is a Diva style dimmer that is rated for LED lighting loads that also comes with the built in back-light for a night light feature. The model number of this control is DVRP-253P and for more information on it, please see our support site @ http://www.lutron.com/en-US/pages/Su...TION=Documents Please note that this dimmer is a Reverse Phase dimmer and it different than the DVCL-153P. If using an LED fixture that doesn't utilize a screw in LED light bulb it is worth calling the LED fixture manufacturer to confirm if the DVRP-253P is compatible with their product. Hope this helps! -JustinF.

I went to Home Depot looking fora DVCL-153P and all I could find was a DVCL-153PR. I was going to post a question asking the difference, but the answer was already here. Thanks!

DVCL-153P vs DVCL-153PR

DVCL-153P- XX ●The DV = Diva model name ●The CL = C.L (Refers to "LED+", the models are exactly the same just new marketing name) ●The 153 = Model number ●The P = Packaging, where R = Retail, and H = clamshell ●The last two XX letters are the color code, for example, WH = White ●There are other model numbers, SC for Satin Color finish, C for Canadian export, etc., but the basic model number is consistent with the above: ●Model Numbers DVCL-153P- XX Gloss Finish, Single pole / 3-way ●DVCL-153PH-XXC Gloss Finish, Single pole / 3-way, clamshell packaging for Canada ●DVSCCL-153P- XX Satin Colors, Single pole / 3-way