Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: QSE-CI-NWK-E Intergration with AV System

Exclamation QSE-CI-NWK-E Intergration with AV System

We are assisting a customer with AV integration and they wanted to tie in the Lutron lighting system. Our communications protocol is via RS232 and looking at their system, I believe they would need a QSE-CI-NWK-E or GRX-CI-RS232 however I am not sure which device if either of those is appropriate to interface with there dimmer. How to get Integration IDs from QSE-CI-NWK-E and they have one more requirement i.e, they want to control lights( some lights are in ESN DALI with dali driver and some are control by using Energi tripak with 0-10v driver) with their remotes (crestron touch screen remote). Is it possible to do ?? Please help me out soon .

Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by akurazz View Post
    We are assisting a customer with AV integration and they wanted to tie in the Lutron lighting system. Our communications protocol is via RS232 and looking at their system, I believe they would need a QSE-CI-NWK-E or GRX-CI-RS232 however I am not sure which device if either of those is appropriate to interface with there dimmer. How to get Integration IDs from QSE-CI-NWK-E and they have one more requirement i.e, they want to control lights( some lights are in ESN DALI with dali driver and some are control by using Energi tripak with 0-10v driver) with their remotes (crestron touch screen remote). Is it possible to do ?? Please help me out soon .
    If you are integrating into an ESN, then the correct interface would be the QSE-CI-NWK-E, not the GRX-CI-RS232. In order to get integration ID's from a NWK, you can send command ?details,all_devices
    This command will feed back all the information for all the devices on the system including the integration id's. If you just want to find an integration ID for a specific device and you know the serial # of that device, you can send command ?integrationid,1,<serial # of the device>. These commands will work with the QSE-CI-NWK-E and the ESN but will not work with Energi Tripak as that is a stand alone system.
    This is all based on the fact that this is all standalone, if this is part of a larger system such as Quantum, HWQS or Radio Ra 2, the command structure might be different.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by akurazz View Post
    If you are integrating into an ESN, then the correct interface would be the QSE-CI-NWK-E, not the GRX-CI-RS232. In order to get integration ID's from a NWK, you can send command ?details,all_devices
    This command will feed back all the information for all the devices on the system including the integration id's. If you just want to find an integration ID for a specific device and you know the serial # of that device, you can send command ?integrationid,1,<serial # of the device>. These commands will work with the QSE-CI-NWK-E and the ESN but will not work with Energi Tripak as that is a stand alone system.
    This is all based on the fact that this is all standalone, if this is part of a larger system such as Quantum, HWQS or Radio Ra 2, the command structure might be different.