Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ceiling Fan Control

Ceiling Fan Control

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has a solution for ceiling fan control in 240v countries? The HW-RPM-4FSQ-120 would be great but but will only work on 120v.

2. Thanks Armando B. thanked for this post
    Looking for an answer for above mentioned by Mr. Domino.. please advice me ... facing a problem with ceiling fan 230 v.
    Quote Originally Posted by domino View Post
    Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has a solution for ceiling fan control in 240v countries? The HW-RPM-4FSQ-120 would be great but but will only work on 120v.

Hi Vbibin,

What we currently recommend to our customers in Australia is use either a LQSE-4S10-D or a RPM-4R and wire the capacitor included with the fan to control the speed(one relay per speed, except for off which doe). As for the control in HWQS Designer I've found the best way to control a fan is via a manual sequence, the reason being you only ever want one relay closed at a time otherwise you will have odd speeds or constantly on.

When designing your loads you'll need one fan load per speed in load types this is listed as fan switched.

In your manual sequence you'll want to have as many steps as you've wired your capacitor for(this is generally 3 plus one for off) and the obvious stop step which will be all relays open. The sequence should look something like this(I'll continue to use the 3 speed and off as an example)

Step One
    Fan High - Closed(On)
    Fan Medium - Open(Off)
    Fan Low - Open(Off)

Step Two
    Fan High - Open(Off)
    Fan Medium - Closed(On)
    Fan Low - Open(Off)

Step Three
    Fan High - Open(Off)
    Fan Medium - Open(Off)
    Fan Low - Closed(On)

Step Four
    Fan High - Open(Off)
    Fan Medium - Open(Off)
    Fan Low - Open(Off)

I would also have the LED feedback use different blink rates to show some feedback via a keypad.

Once you have these sorted you can begin programming your inputs in design.Because you have your sequences assigned you can program these easily without many speeds operating at the same time. You can also easily utilise a one button fan speed control by using the start/next button on a single action button which is quite nice too.

I hope this helps it's really quite simple and gives you great control. Let me know if anything doesn't make sense

Mr Domino

I want to integrate the Grafikeye QS wireless to an HWQS processor.
    I am using Homeworks QS 7.2.0
    I have 6 DPM power adaptive module and 1 see touch international is programmed with HWQS processor.
    How i can program this Grafik eye QS wireless by HOME WORKS QS 7.2.0. Is it possible ? If it is possible
    kindly send me the connection diagram and please let me know how to do the programming? My email id is
    bibin@asigroupe.com
    Mob: +971 563544191

I want to add the grafik eye to the system because of i try to connect the ceiling fan with grafik eye and i find
    it working good under phase dimming concept. The ceiling fan has only two cable. phase and neutral.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    The Grafik Eye QS is directly compatible to the HomeWorks QS system on both the QS wired link (see 4-pin on the back of the Grafik Eye), or the RF link (it will detect the system in activation via RF). It needs to be assigned to a link in the software prior to activation.

Ceiling Fan Sequence Issue HW-RPM-4FSQ-120

I'm having and issue getting the Sequences for the fan speeds.I have 4 different keypads with the fan button, I would like the first press to run fan on low, and then each continued press to move up through the 4 speeds.Not sure if Manual or Automatic sequence would be better. Should tracking be turned off on the Auto seq? and then end after 1 loop?Also for some reason when I press my all away, it seems the fans throughout the house seem to stay on.

I might want the main press to run fan on low, and afterward each proceeded with press to climb through the 4 speeds.Not sure if Manual or Automatic grouping would be better. Should following be killed on the Auto seq? and afterward end after 1 loop?Also for reasons unknown when I press my all away, it appears the fans all through the house appear to remain on.

I would like the first press to run fan on low, and then each continued press to move up through the 4 speeds.Not sure if Manual or Automatic sequence would be better. Should tracking be turned off on the Auto seq? and then end after 1 loop?Also for some reason when I press my all away, it seems the fans throughout the house seem to stay on.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Thank you for your post rattentodcm.

We would recommend that we use a manual sequence so that a button press would move them through the speeds. We can start on low, medium, medium high, high then off. As for press for all away turning on the fans is odd. We would recommend emailing in to hwsupport@lutron.com so we can help get this resolved for you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast