Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Only some Pico Remote buttons operate Sonos

Only some Pico Remote buttons operate Sonos

I have a 5-button Pico Remote that came with a Caseta wall-dimmer. I don't need to use the Pico remote for the dimmer so I tried to set it up for use with Sonos (as a Pico Audio Remote instead of a plane Pico Remote). Initially, pressing the top button on the Pico remote did trigger Sonos on, but now neither it nor the bottom button do anything. The middle up and down Pico buttons *do* control the volume for the respective Sonos speaker, and the center Pico button does cycle through my Sonos favorites. Using the IOS Lutron Caseta app on my iPhone, the "software" buttons for the Pico remote operate similarly; i.e. volume control buttons work, but the top and bottom software buttons do nothing. Also, there is no "center" software button to toggle through favorites.

I have the latest IOS (11.0.3) installed, the latest IOS Caseta App, and my Sonos is updated with the very latest.

Must I delete this Pico remote and purchase a remote that is specifically identified as a Pico Audio Remote? My impression from reading online that a standard 5-button Pico remote should integrate fine with Sonos.

No! The Audio Picos are the same as the regular 5 button Picos, they just have different writing on them. Try deleting the Pico and then add it again.

3. Thanks autom8home thanked for this post
    That was the very first thing I tried -- removal of the device and re-add. The behavior is the same. I may try power-cycling my Lutron bridge and see if that makes any difference, then do a re-add. It's all but unlikely that I will do a full reset on the bridge. I have too many light schedules working perfectly to my desires and hence do not want to reprogram all of that. Speaking of the latter, though, has Lutron by chance come up with a way to backup programming from a bridge to a file and perhaps reload it? That would be a great feature.

Quote Originally Posted by autom8home View Post
    That was the very first thing I tried -- removal of the device and re-add. The behavior is the same. I may try power-cycling my Lutron bridge and see if that makes any difference, then do a re-add. It's all but unlikely that I will do a full reset on the bridge. I have too many light schedules working perfectly to my desires and hence do not want to reprogram all of that. Speaking of the latter, though, has Lutron by chance come up with a way to backup programming from a bridge to a file and perhaps reload it? That would be a great feature.
    This morning, without attempting any changes whatsoever, I tried the Pico switch and voila it's working. I didn't remove and re-add the device, reset anything, or otherwise.

Now, one thing I noticed is that in the Lutron iOS app on my iPhone, the Pico remote is represented with only FOUR (4) "software" buttons. There's not a 5th "center" button for toggling between the Sonos favorites. So, how do I toggle favorites via Lutron iOS app?