Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Low/high end trim not honoured by iOS app/homekit

Low/high end trim not honoured by iOS app/homekit

I arrived on this site due to a flashing light issue, I'm one of the unfortunate 19,000 viewers of that issue. After going through the thread and playing around with the low/high end trim settings I realized that I could configure my dimmer switch and Pico to work flawlessly with the exterior LED lights.

HOWEVER, once I started using the iOS app and Siri via Homekit I quickly realized that these apps do not honour the trim levels set at the dimmer switch. If I turn the light on via the Luton app or via Siri they start flashing because they go to full power, instead of up to 50% that I configured at the switch.

My question is: why don't the software apps stay within the bounds of the low/high end trim set at the switch? This seems like an obviously fix to increase your LED support by a wide margin.

If I can't get some clarity on this I'm going to have to return the system and try another solution. What a pain.

I finished fiddling with the system for the night and went to bed. In the morning I tried the lights again and it appears as if the Luton app and homekit (Siri) are now controlling the lights within the configured high/low end trim settings at the switch. The lights are no longer blinking when turned on to full power.

Is it possible that the smart hub actually syncs the trim settings periodically (like every 2-3 hours) to the smart hub? That could explain why initially I was still seeing the blinking issue if activated remotely via software.

I'll keep testing for a few more days, but would very much like to know what the expected behaviour for the system is.

Lutron Technical Support
    The only way to adjust the high and low end trims on the dimmers is manually at the dimmer (see pages 56 and 57 of http://www.casetawireless.com/Docume...ced%20Inst.pdf ).
    Siri doens't have the ability to change the high-end and low-end trims.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. View Post
    The only way to adjust the high and low end trims on the dimmers is manually at the dimmer (see pages 56 and 57 of http://www.casetawireless.com/Docume...ced%20Inst.pdf ).
    Siri doens't have the ability to change the high-end and low-end trims.
    Thanks for the response Brian. This is what I had figured. Can you explain why now it appears the lights are now functioning via all methods even though the trim setting is only set at the switch?

Lutron Technical Support
    I'm not understanding your question.
    Could you please call our 24-hour Tech Support hotline at 1-844-588-7661?