Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Help with 4 way

Help with 4 way

I have been successful with swapping out all of my dimmers and on/offs, but there is one I have worked on for the last 4 hours. I believe it’s a 4 way. I’ve followed all the instructions, but I can’t get it to work for the life of me.

Switch used: model PD-6ans-wh, 2 Pico remotes.

Location 1: living room - toggle switch removed and there is 2 blacks, 1 white and green
    location 2: living room - 4 way switch - 2 blacks 2 whites
    Location 3: Bedroom - toggle removed - 2 blacks, 1 white and green

ive wired the location 2 together, and the tried wiring location 3 and capping off the white. Nothing would work. So I tried wiring together location 1 and putting the switch in location 3. No matter what combo I’m using, I can’t get anything to turn on and the light of the switch never comes on.

Ive tried wiring all the blacks together, and the 2 whites in location 2, then capping the 1&3 whites and the lights come on.

I dont feel feel like it should be this hard. What am I missing?

Administrator
    What I would recommend doing if you want the dimmer in location 1 would be to wire the two black wires (one each) to the black wires on the dimmer. Then cap off the white wire.

In location 2, tie the white wires together, and then tie the black wires together.

In location 3, cap off the white wire, and then tie the black wires together. This should make this work.