Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Scheduling Scenes with app 5.0.0

Scheduling Scenes with app 5.0.0

I can't seem to find anyway to "schedule" scenes with the App version 5.0.0. Do I need the Smart Bridge Pro or is there something I'm missing?
    Watched a you tube video but screens on app are all different. I can create scenes and trigger manually but want to set them up auto. Any thoughts?

Looks like you can't with the new app. You just have to go and add each device individually.

Too many features were taken away with 5.0.0!!!

Lutron Technical Support
    You can still add Scheduled Scenes in the v5.0.0 app. just tap on the "Schedules" tab on the right side of the My Home screen, then tap on "+ Add Schedule".

At this time, some previous features aren’t available. Our engineers are aware of this, and they are working towards making those features available in future updates to the app.
    We apologize for any inconveniences. Please bear with us while we get those features available again.

Thanks davisadm. Thats what I was afraid of.
    Brian, When using your process and add schedule, then I must add each device and timing for it. I don't see the scenes listed there. Is that correct?

This still can work, but a LOT more work especially up north here in Canada where our daylight/night swing so widely. What I was hoping to accomplish is make several scenes like actual living habits. I.E have outside and kitchen lights come one at sunset, then kitchen goes off and living room come on, then finally bedroom at end of evening.
    If you are involved in developing the app, maybe something to think about. Enable a way for one scene to trigger at a sunset, then it triggers the next scene and so on at predetermined intervals. Just like if we were home. That way we could set it once and forget about it.
    Thanks for listening.

Brian,
    You can't add a scene, only individual devices to a schedule. Currently, you can pseudo add a schedule by adding each individual device and its level manually to the new schedule you are creating.

A lot of features were removed in v5.0.0. Including the ability to reorder devices. What were the Lutron engineers/programmers thinking?

I called tech support and they said that all devices that you want to control with the occupancy sensor must be in the same room and the occupancy sensor cannot control scenes which it seems would solve many problems.