Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: HWQS with Honeywell VISTA 128BPT

HWQS with Honeywell VISTA 128BPT

Hey All,

I have been scouring the forums to find out how to integrate a Honeywell Vista 128BPT panel via RS-232 with the HWQS system and i cannot find the command set that i need from Honeywell to trigger scenes and commands in Lutron. I have the IP to RS232 adapter from the 3rd party ethernet app notes, but i still need the integrtion command set .CSV file or just protocol page to trigger commands in Lutron. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello DigitalRyan,
    Thank you for your post.
    Here is a link to the Lutron integration protocol.
    http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...ary/040249.pdf

Hey Blair,

Thanks for responding. I have that document. What i am looking for is the document that outlines how when i receive a certain command from honeywell, then i can trigger a lutron scene based on that incoming Honeywell command. I cannot program commands into the honeywell system. I asked my alarm guy about it and he said he cannot program in RS-232 commands to be send other than what the unit sends by default.

Just curious why not use a contact closure to trigger. Very simple for Alarm contractor to give you contact closures for any type of alarm event. You can either get a QS I/O board or use inputs on the back of any wired QS keypad other then Hybrid.

DigitalRyan,
    We have an app note that defines how to integrate a RadioRa2 system. This is done by the panel sending commands to predefined phantom buttons on the main repeater. If this is not editable, then perhaps you can create a phantom keypad in HWQS and add the amount of buttons that are needed for the prebuilt commands to work. Other than that I would recommend you contact Honeywell to see if there is a way to program in custom commands.
    Here is a link to the app note. http://www.lutron.com/PasswordProtec...ary/048451.pdf