Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Need to replace two QED in system.

Need to replace two QED in system.

I had to replace to bad QED 64's in the system they are controlled from the Homeworks Illumination keypads. Each is in a different room. There is a shade button that works as a toggle. Press once the shade starts up or down the next press stops the shade then the third press starts the shade in opposite direction from first press. This is whats been observed from other working room locations. My first problem was locating some new / used QED 64's. Once I got them I defaulted them back to factory reset. The on in the bedroom that we replaced seemed to interfere with the QED drapery motor so we just unplugged it for now. The other one in the bathroom was just acting funny so I believe we just need to flash that drive for it to work correctly. Does anyone have any experience with replacing the EDU's in A Homeworks Illumination system that could point me in the right direction?

Hello swmiller2@gmail.com,
    Thank you for your post.
    I would recommend contacting a Homeworks professional. The replacement motors will need to be added back to the system using the Homeworks programming software. You can find a dealer here. www.lutron.com/wheretobuy

Quote Originally Posted by swmiller2@gmail.com View Post
    I had to replace to bad QED 64's in the system they are controlled from the Homeworks Illumination keypads. Each is in a different room. There is a shade button that works as a toggle. Press once the shade starts up or down the next press stops the shade then the third press starts the shade in opposite direction from first press. This is whats been observed from other working room locations. My first problem was locating some new / used QED 64's. Once I got them I defaulted them back to factory reset. The on in the bedroom that we replaced seemed to interfere with the QED drapery motor so we just unplugged it for now. The other one in the bathroom was just acting funny so I believe we just need to flash that drive for it to work correctly. Does anyone have any experience with replacing the EDU's in A Homeworks Illumination system that could point me in the right direction?
    Where are you located? It's pretty simple to do; won't take more than 10-15 min. You just need to extract the database from the processor, add the drives in the software and re-upload it. Curious to know how much dealers will quote you; let us know when you find out.

Definitely call a bunch of dealers and price shop.

Also, depending on where you are there are some companies making Lutron shades that can probably point you to someone who can help you out.