Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Thermostat Setpoint - Away Mode

Thermostat Setpoint - Away Mode

Ra2 job with connect bridge and two Lutron Honeywell Touchpro thermostats.

The house is placed into Away Mode (under schedules in the Connect App), the system has a specific schedule for Away mode to tell the house to go to a particular temperature (57 degrees, although I have tried other values and this did not fix the issue).

The issue is that the house never goes to 57. Any manual operation of the set point just drives it back to 60 after a random period of time (assuming 6 hours based off the messages within the app).

Am I missing something where this works differently than intended/displayed?

Also, I was hoping that as a workaround, I could just manually set the thermostat to 57 after turning schedule to OFF directly on the thermostat. However, it seems that while in Away mode, I can't turn the schedule off (even though it doesn't work).

I don't know if this is helpful, but I thought I'd share what I documented in the past with the touchpro. I sent this to Lutron support a little over a year ago and they confirmed the bug. Please read below and let me know if you think that is similar to what you are experiencing:

Regarding observations- I've got one client who uses the LHC+ app to adjust his HVAC but isn't particularly savvy. I've tried setting up seeTouch keypad buttons to call up presets for the whole house instead of a particular zone adjustment. Trying it out on my bench, here's what I've learned so far:

button 1 COOL- set temp 65, sched hold, cool, auto.
    button 2 HEAT- set temp 80, sched hold, heat, auto.
    button 3 HOLD- just sets sched hold.
    button 4 RUN- temp unaffected, run schedule, auto, auto.

using button 1 and 2 work fine. Button 3 monitors hold/run fine. The odd duck is button 4.
    example: press button 1. TouchPro changes setpoint, flips to Cool mode, button 3 HOLD led lights true along with button 1.
    press button 4. TouchPro changes setpoints and flips to AUTO and then flips RIGHT BACK TO Cool with button 1 setpoints. All LEDs on this keypad are false.
    a 2nd press of button 4 results in TouchPro settings that match the running schedule, and button 4 led is true.

pressing button 4 after button 2 acts the same way.

I've tried waiting them out to see what happens after the 1st press, and all LED feedback stays false even though the tstat remains in what looks like 'cool-hold' mode.

all buttons are single action scene logic.

Last night I left my desk with all 4 LEDS unlit after pressing 1, then 4. The Tstat read the #1 cool setpoint and the MODE read as COOL.
    This morning I watched the Tstat change the cooling setpoint at the correct time on the schedule, but it remains in COOL mode. Just to double-check. pressing button 4 again puts the system into AUTO mode.

Could a Lutron moderator provide further information to the questions originally posted. I have a customer who will not accept the fact that he cannot have his house in AWAY mode and set his thermostats to 57.

Looking for explanation as to what the below message actually means. If the schedules do not run in away mode and you cannot change the set point, what is actually happening?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_A734DE3CB982-1.jpeg 
Views:	38 
Size:	614.3 KB 
ID:	692

bump to the top

Have you tried emailing the file and description to systemsupport@lutron.com?

I think I've found it- go to programming- timeclock mode - vacation mode. It looks like this is where you can change the setpoints for HVAC. It's kind of an Easter egg.

8. Thanks SDR-Mike thanked for this post

adding a screenshot

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ra2 Touchpro Vacation Mode.PNG 
Views:	43 
Size:	76.8 KB 
ID:	705 hoping this screenshot makes it thru

10. Thanks SDR-Mike thanked for this post
    Likes dvpvic liked this post
    Here's my guess

1. When the system is in away mode (time clock), the daily schedules (wake, away, home, sleep) are suspended.
    2. If the cleaners come in and change the temperature, it will revert to the away settings in 6 hours.

It is a little confusing that you have an away time clock mode and an away thermostat setting.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

12. Likes dvpvic liked this post