Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Away mode (vacation mode)

Away mode (vacation mode)

When I trigger Away mode, does the main repeater automatically randomize which loads to turn on? Or is it based on past usage patterns like Homeworks? And does time of day play a factor? For example, I don't want loads to turn on during the day or at 3am which would be strange. Also, is there any way to include loads to randomize instead of all?

Away mode would need it's own timeclock events programmed for it, and the main repeater will add or subtract up to 30 minutes to the times set. This delta is consistent for all events for a given day. A true "vacation" mode where the repeater remembers the last two weeks and mimics that usage is not available on RA2.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Thanks Mike.

I tried creating a time clock event but seems to ask for start time which seems strange since I though away mode is triggered manually on/off.

I went ahead and created one to start at sunset and added different loads throughout the house. Additionally, Phantom button 87 is set to trigger device,1,87,3 (to turn on) and again device,1,87,3 (to turn off). Does this seem correct? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by dougpark464 View Post
    Thanks Mike.

I tried creating a time clock event but seems to ask for start time which seems strange since I though away mode is triggered manually on/off.

I went ahead and created one to start at sunset and added different loads throughout the house. Additionally, Phantom button 87 is set to trigger device,1,87,3 (to turn on) and again device,1,87,3 (to turn off). Does this seem correct? Thank you.
    Those events do need "start" times. I often use the same events from normal, just check the away as well. This cause the same events to happen whether in normal or away. Just in away the times that are selected will get the random delta of +/- up to 30 minutes added to each start and end time.

Wondering what the phantom button 87 is for? Are you sending in an RS232/telnet code to change the timeclock mode? Or is phantom 87 a scene you want to activate via third party?
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Thx for clarification. This makes sense. I guess I can have multiple away modes which is perfect to simulate what homeworks does automatically based on usage.

Sounds like they can overlap with normal ones. And toggles between all normal and all away mode time clock events.

Phantom 87 is preprogrammed for dsc alarm panel integration via rs232. It triggers 87 and other phantom buttons (I think 80-100) when security panel is armed or disarmed or activated.