Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Connection problem between HW QS and Home Control+ app..

Connection problem between HW QS and Home Control+ app..

I have a problemwith my Home Works Lutron QS.
    The configuration ofmy Lutron home automation system is:
    Lutron Home Workconnected (LAN) with a Asus switch (mod. Gx-D1241).
    The Asus switch isconnected (with LAN) to a ADSL modem router Asus (mod. DSL-N12U) forinternet connection.
    Starting frominstallation, I had trouble connecting between Lutron Home Work andHome Control + application. I can connect for a few hours only afterdisconnecting and reconnecting the LAN cable.
    For about two hourseverything works correctly, then inexplicably the Home Control +application it doesn't works and appears message "can't connectto the system".
    This happens to beusing the Home Control application in local wi-fi or remote access(4G)
    I have already madeseveral tests but haven't managed to solve the problem.
    The assistance ofLutron suggested a problem with my LAN network, but analyzing it Ihave not encountered problems.
    I think that theonly possible cause is an incorrect configuration of the router ASUSmodem, because connecting the system HW QS directly to the ADSLrouter the problem remains.
    I ask if you have anidea that can generate this strange problem, in Italy the assistanceis not efficient and I have no other way to solve the problem.

Hello Mattio,
    Thank you for your post.
    In order to further assist we would need a support file pulled from the system. Please contact your dealer and have them come out to your home and generate a support file. Then email the support file to hwsupport@lutron.com referencing this forum post.

hello Blair ,
    thank you for your reply but I already sent the support file some time ago.
    The support team told me that the problem was in my home network (LAN), advised me to contact the hOme network (LAN) administrator and check the configuration. which I did, and I have not find any problem.
    The strange thing is that the connection works for a few hours, then stop suddenly. Restart only after disconnecting and reconnecting the LAN cable (again for a few hours).
    I'm going crazy, in Italy, unfortunately, the dealer can't find the reason of this problem.
    Even your support (hwsupport@lutron.com) has not been able to show me a solution.
    I would be very grateful to anyone solve my problem.

Hello mattio,
    We may not be able to provide you the steps towards a solution, but may be able to point you in the direction of the problem. Send in another support file and I will review to see if the networking related issues are captured in the logs. One setup that has been known to cause these types of issues is port forwarding. If you are using port forwarding for remote access then discontinue this and retest to see if the issue goes away.

thank you very much Bair, for your time, it's very important for me to find someone to listen to my problems.
    How can I create another "support files"?
    Today I try to control the port forwarding..
    I would be willing to provide support to a Lutron remote access via TeamViewer or LogMeIn.

Quote Originally Posted by mattio View Post
    hello Blair ,
    thank you for your reply but I already sent the support file some time ago.
    The support team told me that the problem was in my home network (LAN), advised me to contact the hOme network (LAN) administrator and check the configuration. which I did, and I have not find any problem.
    The strange thing is that the connection works for a few hours, then stop suddenly. Restart only after disconnecting and reconnecting the LAN cable (again for a few hours).
    I'm going crazy, in Italy, unfortunately, the dealer can't find the reason of this problem.
    Even your support (hwsupport@lutron.com) has not been able to show me a solution.
    I would be very grateful to anyone solve my problem.

If disconnecting the Lan connection and reconnecting allows i to work for a bit then fails it sounds like some kind of buffer issue to me where the ethernet is shutting down on processor ?

Can you do a test where once the HomeControl+ stops working are you still able to ping your processor from the local network? that is an important bit of information to start troubleshooting. Is there only 1 processor in the system ? Once the HomeControl+ stops working can you still connect to the processor from the Lutron software or do you need to reboot to unplug ethernet ?

Quote Originally Posted by mcignarella View Post
    If disconnecting the Lan connection and reconnecting allows i to work for a bit then fails it sounds like some kind of buffer issue to me where the ethernet is shutting down on processor ?

Can you do a test where once the HomeControl+ stops working are you still able to ping your processor from the local network? that is an important bit of information to start troubleshooting. Is there only 1 processor in the system ? Once the HomeControl+ stops working can you still connect to the processor from the Lutron software or do you need to reboot to unplug ethernet ?
    The Supprot told me that "sounds like some kind of buffer issue".. But it happens also by disconnecting the network cable, and not switching off the Lutron it seems strange..
    To answer your questions, when HW+ does not work, I can ping the processor... I had already done this test.
    Only one processor.
    I'll try to do some tests in WE. I proceed by trial having no other way.
    Thank you very much for the time you dedicated to me.

I modified the Port forwarding settings,are two days that everything works.
    It was probably due to a possible conflict between two IP addresses on my home network, I deleted one of the two addresses.
    Thank you very much who gave me a hand to solve the problem.
    I will keep you informed of developments ..
    Fingers crossed