Hi. I use my RadioRa2 system to control my garage door, among other things, by using the VCRX homelink/visor control receiver with contact closure outputs, and splicing one of the CCO relays into the pushbutton for the garage door. This has worked fine for me for years (since my repeater was on firmware version 6 if I recall correctly).

Some time more recently, I'd say about the last year (it's hard to know exactly because the problem is so intermittent, but probably when I upgraded to firmware version either 10 or 11), the contact closure output gets "stuck". This shorts the garage door opener button (same as if someone was holding the button down indefinitely), which isn't so useful for opening or closing the door.

When this happens, I go in the nearby closet where I've mounted the RR-VCRX, and the light corresponding to CCO1 is on (it should never stay on for more than a second), and I press the button next to that light which force-controls CCO1, when I release that button the light turns off and I hear a click of the relay. Then things are back to normal for a month or 3 (or sometimes only a week).

This has happened to me a few dozen times over the last year-ish with no discernible pattern or cause.

I'm currently on firmware version 11, and have CCO1 programmed as "output type: maintained" (pulse seems logical, but one of my cars builtin homelink transmitter sends too long a signal, and if I have CCO1 programmed as pulsed, the VCRX treats it as multiple input signals, sends multiple output pulses, and the garage door goes crazy. When I have CCO1 programmed as maintained, this doesn't happen, the one long radio signal from the car becomes one long "press" of the button via CCO1 closed). My understanding of "maintained" is that the VCRX should set the CCO to closed for exactly as long as it's getting an input signal mapped to that CCO (in this case, one of the homelink radios), so if it's setting the CCO closed indefinitely, that either means it's getting a continuous radio signal (unlikely), or a bug (more likely)?

So, questions: has anyone else seen anything like this? Advice for fixing it, or at least diagnosing it better? Is the RR firmware version 12 likely to fix it? Is there a good way to report this directly to Lutron?

thanks!