Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Caseta Wireless Dimmer PD-6WCL-WH - bulbs flicker once before turning on

Unhappy Caseta Wireless Dimmer PD-6WCL-WH - bulbs flicker once before turning on

I have joined the community in hopes of a solution after months of frustration trying to troubleshoot my dimmer issues.

Basically I have 8 PD-6WCL dimmers set up with a mix of "compatible" LED's as well as some dimmable CFL bulbs. Basically what happens is that, my bulb(s) will flicker in 7 out of 8 dimmers every time they turn on - once on, they work flawless. The initial flicker is just migraine instigating and extremely obnoxious even after 6 months. I have adjusted the low end trim and attempted other suggestions i.e changing bulbs. I have cycled through maybe half of the compatible LED bulbs and they all behave the same.

Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated!

Normally in this situation I would tell you to get a neutral wire dimmer. The mix of bulbs is probably creating a weird harmonic that feeds back to the dimmer or other bulbs an causes the flash. You might try the shunt capacitor from Lutron to correct this. It may help, may not. But the cost is relatively small. Search for the part number LUT-MLC. Should be able to find someone that has them.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Quote Originally Posted by SDR-Mike View Post
    Normally in this situation I would tell you to get a neutral wire dimmer. The mix of bulbs is probably creating a weird harmonic that feeds back to the dimmer or other bulbs an causes the flash. You might try the shunt capacitor from Lutron to correct this. It may help, may not. But the cost is relatively small. Search for the part number LUT-MLC. Should be able to find someone that has them.
    Thanks for the reply SDR-Mike! So the non LED bulbs are on a separate dimmer. I spoke to a Lutron rep a few months ago who said the load limiter is not recommended for the Caseta Wireless systems - which is strange because the instructions it came with mentioned them. I can try that I guess. At one point I also changed all bulbs to LED's on all switches to troubleshoot and still no luck.

Lutron Technical Support
    The LUT-MLC will only work with the PD-5NE elv dimmer, and the Caseta switches. It won't work properly with the PD-10NXD or PD-6WCL dimmers.
    I second the recommendation of using a neutral-based dimmer.
    Do you have the model numbers of the LEDs?