Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Lutron Designer Login

Lutron Designer Login

hi all
    Wondering why, since i have upgraded to 12.0, i need to login each time before using Designer.....
    My job site doesn't have a internet access for now, so i use the connection of my phone to start the software.
    Now i have a message from the software at startup, mylutron is experiencing some difficulties.......... and i'm not able to log-in.
    Thanks for that waste of time, at a customer home.

Quote Originally Posted by m.angers View Post
    hi all
    Wondering why, since i have upgraded to 12.0, i need to login each time before using Designer.....
    My job site doesn't have a internet access for now, so i use the connection of my phone to start the software.
    Now i have a message from the software at startup, mylutron is experiencing some difficulties.......... and i'm not able to log-in.
    Thanks for that waste of time, at a customer home.
    I have wondered if there is a way to use the 12.0 HWQS and RA 2 software without the internet connection being live. We frequently walk homes under construction, where the internet connection is months away, and enter the devices and locations into the software.

Happens more on retrofits, but if the house just changed hands, the internet connection for the new homeowner is often not installed yet, as they are doing the remodel.

Yes, Lutron, you could tell me to use my phone as a hotspot, or use some other hotspot. Guess what guys, there are still many places that the connection drops for data, and I am not in the mountains...

To me, it makes sense that they have this login for installing and registering the software, but if it is disabling use of the software, unless it can see the web and My Lutron, that sucks.
    Phil Scheetz
    Lighting Control Solutions
    pscheetz@lightingcontrolsolutions.com

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    You will only need to log into to your myLutron account the first time that you open the 12.0 version of the software on that computer. You are not expected to log in each time you open the software.

m.angers- can you please verify that you are not clicking on your name in the upper right hand corner of the screen in the software and logging out?
    Can you please verify if you are using the same computer each time you need to log in?
    Can you verify if the "user" folder is being deleted on your computer or not?
    Can you open the software and go to Help > Support and create a support file to send in to hwsupport@Lutron.com? You will not need to be connected to a system to create this support file. When sending in the support file please reference this forum post.

4. Thanks pscheetz thanked for this post