Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: High End - Low End calculation

High End - Low End calculation

Is there any documentation as to how these numbers are calculated? Running QS 6.1.0 with two loads that have the exact same custom fixture and quantity but the resulting trim levels are different.

So both set to LED Forward Phase (with same custom fixture) 17 watts, qty of 8. One has high and low end of 90 and 5 respectively. The other has values of 78 and 32.

Additionally, if the high end of all fixtures are set to 90 by default by QS, does this mean none of the loads are ever going to 100% capacity? Meaning, sending the programming to 100% on a load with a 90 trim level really only sends the fixture to 90% of it's potential?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Where the high and low trim setting changed as soon as you selected the custom fixture in the "define loads" screen? Also were you able to reproduce these values being different when you select the custom fixture in other rooms?

When a custom fixture is created you can define the high and low end trim values. After the custom fixture is added you can also adjust those trim values for that particular instance of the fixture.

Yes, by default since the high end trim is set to 90% when you program the load to go to 100% the load will actually go to 90%.

I am not sure when the values changed. The fixtures and loads have been in the program for awhile but only just enabled the columns for High and Low trim. I may delete the load with the values that seem suspect and recreate it to see what happens as it sounds like a bug of some sort.

Is there any other reason that these values would be different?

Quote Originally Posted by Craig W. View Post
    Where the high and low trim setting changed as soon as you selected the custom fixture in the "define loads" screen? Also were you able to reproduce these values being different when you select the custom fixture in other rooms?

When a custom fixture is created you can define the high and low end trim values. After the custom fixture is added you can also adjust those trim values for that particular instance of the fixture.

Yes, by default since the high end trim is set to 90% when you program the load to go to 100% the load will actually go to 90%.

I changed the fixture types of the loads in question away from LED forward phase (used a different custom fixture that was MLV). After that I went back and set them back to the custom fixture of LED forward phase and they "reset" back to the default project settings of 78-32. I had to go to every load and do this. No pattern that I can tell for the loads that were affected. I even went back and the program when it was 5.2.0 and the issue was there as well. Hopefully this helps people moving forward.
    Last edited by totesthouse; 01-23-2014 at 09:05 AM. Reason: redundant

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Can you please attach at least a sample project file that is experiencing this issue?