Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lutron and Control4 Integration

Lutron and Control4 Integration

Has anyone done integration with Control 4?

What are the necessary requirements that we need to do in our programming?

Thanks

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    You can communicate the processors over Ethernet by having them on the same network. Control4 may have some HomeWorks QS drivers on their systems; but to ensure you have the latest drivers, you can log in to your account at http://resi.lutron.com and go to "Technical Information->Drivers". The processor driver will connect via IP address and it should be the first driver you implement in the Control4 system. The other drivers you add (keypads, lights, etc.) will link automatically to the processor driver. These will ask for a device address; please use the integration ID of each device as the device address.

Quote Originally Posted by Armando B. View Post
    You can communicate the processors over Ethernet by having them on the same network. Control4 may have some HomeWorks QS drivers on their systems; but to ensure you have the latest drivers, you can log in to your account at http://resi.lutron.com and go to "Technical Information->Drivers". The processor driver will connect via IP address and it should be the first driver you implement in the Control4 system. The other drivers you add (keypads, lights, etc.) will link automatically to the processor driver. These will ask for a device address; please use the integration ID of each device as the device address.
    Thank you Armando.

The files you sent are the Control4 drivers right?

On Lutron Homeworks QS side, do we have to specify anything on the 3rd party Integration?

Correct, in the http://resi.lutron.com site if you go to "Technical Information->Drivers" you can find the latest Control4 Drivers.
    On the HomeWorks QS side, you would need to go to "Tools->Configure Integration" and set a username and password login for the Control4 system to log in. This information will be used for the Processor driver on the Control4 side.

Lutron QS address format

Quote Originally Posted by Armando B. View Post
    These will ask for a device address; please use the integration ID of each device as the device address.

Hi Armando.
    Do you maybe know the format of this device address? What would the address be for a button 2 on keypad with Integration ID of 15 be? What format is the Lutron system expecting from the Control4 system? is it [Integration ID:Button number]?

You can find the integration ID of a device in QS under configure integration from the tools menu. below is a link to the integration protocol

http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...ary/040249.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by mcignarella View Post
    You can find the integration ID of a device in QS under configure integration from the tools menu. below is a link to the integration protocol

http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...ary/040249.pdf

Thank you.
    I know where to find the integration ID of a device and I'm not looking for the integration protocol. I'm need to know the correct format of the address entry. What is the Lutron processor looking for from the Control4 system?
    I know the Illumination system uses [processor number:processor link number:keypad number:button number]
    Do we still use the square brackets and colon for the QS system?
    I understand the QS system uses an integration ID and component number etc. So for example if I wanted to trigger button 2 on keypad with ID 15 what would the address be? [15:2]???

Quote Originally Posted by JonoCraik View Post
    Thank you.
    I know where to find the integration ID of a device and I'm not looking for the integration protocol. I'm need to know the correct format of the address entry. What is the Lutron processor looking for from the Control4 system?
    I know the Illumination system uses [processor number:processor link number:keypad number:button number]
    I understand the QS system uses an integration ID and component number etc. So for example if I wanted to trigger button 2 on keypad with ID 15 what would the address be? [15:2]???

The address format is in the protocol document. you all most likely need the led status id Both of those formats are in the document.

Quote Originally Posted by JonoCraik View Post
    Thank you.
    Did you find this out JOJO? Im having the issue myself now and just found this thread. I have the integration sheet but no idea of the address format.

If it is for a HomeWorks QS system, the drivers would do this automatically. With your example above of keypad 15 and button 2, the command would be:

#DEVICE,15,2,3

Format:

#DEVICE,<Keypad ID>,<Button number>, <3 for press, 4 for release, 5 for hold, 6 for double tap>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast