Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Lockout in new firmware?

Lockout in new firmware?

The release notes for the latest firmware mention there being a lockout, where it'll pause after 10 failed logins.

Is there anything in the protocol or from the firmware that will allow detecting that this has happened?

Is there anywhere to disable this?

Otherwise it's just inviting problems. Anything mis-configured can then disrupt and block legit connection attempts.

2. Thanks SDR-Mike thanked for this post
    Is there a way to disable this feature? I have a lot of integration jobs where we keep having to roll trucks to restart the Main Repeater. It also appears that even though I setup a separate login for integration, once the system locks out access it is to ALL telnet access. I can't even get the software to connect or telnet in to restart the processor.

Please let me know if there is something I am missing, but it should at least be optional behavior. I am sure this has to be causing problems for more than just my company.

-andy

4. Thanks SDR-Mike, wkearney99 thanked for this post
    Likes wkearney99 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by andy@svsf.com View Post
    ...we keep having to roll trucks...
    If they're AT ALL SERIOUS about supporting integrators they'll listen to this complaint and correct it. Make it an optional setting, so that at least the first truck roll can be used to disable it.

That and could we PLEASE have a way to check whether this has been happening? At least some sort of count or flagged data letting us know something has been causing problems.

Quote Originally Posted by wkearney99 View Post
    If they're AT ALL SERIOUS about supporting integrators they'll listen to this complaint and correct it. Make it an optional setting, so that at least the first truck roll can be used to disable it.

That and could we PLEASE have a way to check whether this has been happening? At least some sort of count or flagged data letting us know something has been causing problems.
    I believe with the Connect Bridge there will be a way to generate a "system support file" that we will be able to read. It is supposed to be able to be filtered down to the minute on a particular day, and be able us to diagnose some of these issues in the field. May not be too helpful with the main repeater, but definitely with other devices.
    Last edited by SDR-Mike; 09-12-2017 at 05:10 PM. Reason: dreaded double posting in single response
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

yeah, this feature is a complete headache. Savant's integration implementation is to send the login credentials every ten seconds... in between that it queries light status... well, those queries end up being 'bad logins' and the system is locked out for 15 minutes. Of course, randomly, it WILL sync up correctly and then everything is peachy... but it could take hours. It could be argued that Savant's login routine is lazy and or stupid and I wouldn't necessarily disagree, however it'd be sweet if 11.7 had an option to turn this feature off.

8. Likes andy@svsf.com liked this post