Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Launching a scene from a HWQS KP button double-tap

Question Launching a scene from a HWQS KP button double-tap

Does anyone have an easy way to launch a scene from the double-tap, while having accurate button feedback? I put a feature request in to Lutron several months back to have shared scenes appear in the drop-down, but assume that's not going to happen. Use DT for a lot of things, and have been using a sequence, but button feedback is not accurate. Anyone else having this issue???

Hello Mike R.
    Thank you for your post.
    I am not entirely clear on what you mean by button feedback, but if you are referring to the LED on the button then there may be a way to accomplish what you want. Perhaps a conditional would work for your application. Feel free to send us a programming request to hwsupport@lutron.com and we can try to help.

Blair,
    In HWI you could apply a scene to a double-tap, and "unaffect" everything from the first press, leaving the double-press only launching the scene. The LED feedback would reference the scene state. I cannot find an easy way to do this in QS. A conditional would be fine if one of my selections was "if button pressed twice" then "launch scene". But that is not a selection. I use double-tap for global scenes, like house off, so they do not get launched by accident. Looking for what I am missing. idk.

You can still unaffect loads on the press tab in HWQS.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails unaffected.PNG  

Launch Commands from button DP

Quote Originally Posted by Blair S. View Post
    You can still unaffect loads on the press tab in HWQS.
    Blair,
    I realize 'that' is still possible, but still arduous, and doesn't work on a grander scale. It causes each instance to be unique and therefore only repeatable from copy and paste. This process needs to be easier. I can't imagine I am the only one doing this. If I am, others should be following this button model to improve their client experience. In our projects Double-tap is indicated by and asterisk on text. Our clients do appreciate the functionality of these globals' not being triggered by accident.
    I know the engineering team works hard to constantly enhance the compatibility of the software. I think this feature is worthy of some focus.
    Mike

Thank you for this feedback. I will ensure the appropriate teams review this for future consideration.