Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Introducing RA2 Select

Introducing RA2 Select

Lutron has done it again! Introducing RA2 Select – Whole home lighting control made simple. In days past, a new product release or enhancement would require lots of explaining and/or training. Not so with RA2 SELECT! RA2 Select is so simple that it practically programs itself; so sophisticated that your customer can have the whole home control that you know from Radio RA2.
    RA2 Select makes it easy to turn your home into a smart home. Personalized smart lighting, shade, and temperature control for any home, any budget.

https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/13009..._hsmi=56083498

Ok, so it seems this system has a black colored hub and controls lights to 600 w. I also noticed it uses maestro switches. So is it basically a reskinned version of the casita pro hub? Is there a comparison matrix anywhere?

Here is the lutron page
    http://www.lutron.com/en-US/Products.../Overview.aspx
    Seems like range extender is a big part.
    Anyone know if it will support any of the occupancy sensors?

This seems like a sign that Lutron's more interested in expanding the RA2 offerings downward rather than Caséta upward, right? Now I wonder if I invested in the wrong set of components.

Quote Originally Posted by julianm View Post
    This seems like a sign that Lutron's more interested in expanding the RA2 offerings downward rather than Caséta upward, right? Now I wonder if I invested in the wrong set of components.
    If i'm reading correctly the RA2 Select should be compatible with Caseta dimmers so my plan may be to continue to build out my home with Caseta and then when I want shade and fan control upgrade to RA2 Select. If i'm
    wrong somebody tell me.

- - - Updated - - -

NO! RA 2 select uses Radio RA 2 dimmers and switches. So later down the line you can upgradero Radio RA 2.