Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RadioRa2 Select?

Oh great, yet another step in the ladder to confuse customers and make our lives harder. It's like Aurora Ra all over again. Does it at least allow customers to reuse their caseta dimmers?

2. Thanks wkearney99 thanked for this post
    Likes wkearney99 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rodrigo View Post
    Anyone know yet if it will support any occupancy sensors? That would be only reason I would move to it from my Caseta deployment
    The sensors will not be a part of RA2 Select, and rollback will not be available. All programming is scene based/single action- a la Caseta. Deployment is just as fast as Caseta, with a larger amount of devices (100, 1 main + 4 "aux"). The database will NOT migrate to a main repeater, a full default can be done from the RA2Select main. Then reactivate all devices under a full RA2 main repeater. The "aux" wireless bridges will work under regular RA2. Integration partners are the same as Caseta, while the original RA2 remains the same (sorry, Luketetal!).
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyCoog View Post
    Oh great, yet another step in the ladder to confuse customers and make our lives harder. It's like Aurora Ra all over again. Does it at least allow customers to reuse their caseta dimmers?
    No, and I tried to tell them that was a mistake...

Transition Plan to RA2 Select?

Quote Originally Posted by SDR-Mike View Post
    No, and I tried to tell them that was a mistake...
    Agreed, a mistake for certain.

To help customers desiring to transition to Select, are you aware of any changes in the RRD-6CL firmware with Select that would preclude installing them along with Pico remotes (which wouldn't work initially) today, using a loaner main repeater, then replace the loaner repeater with Select when it comes out, activating the pairing of the Pico remotes with desired 6CLs? This would be done to save $ and hit what appears to be the desired sweet spot for RA2 Select. Side note, any insight on actual First Customer Ship date yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Costa View Post
    Agreed, a mistake for certain.

To help customers desiring to transition to Select, are you aware of any changes in the RRD-6CL firmware with Select that would preclude installing them along with Pico remotes (which wouldn't work initially) today, using a loaner main repeater, then replace the loaner repeater with Select when it comes out, activating the pairing of the Pico remotes with desired 6CLs? This would be done to save $ and hit what appears to be the desired sweet spot for RA2 Select. Side note, any insight on actual First Customer Ship date yet?
    You should be able to use the 6CL and existing Picos. Realize you'll have to factory default the dimmers from the loaner repeater to the new Select Main. Sweet spot for a main, 4 button Pico, and five dimmers (using the new 6ND) is just a hair above $1000, compared to the $550-575 for Caseta.

Rumor was shipping starts at end of September (2017, I hope). As these are based on existing Caseta tech, we should see them landing soon at a distributor near you. Ra Select will NOT be in the mass retail chains.

Thanks Mike, great insight and appreciated. I hope the end of September along with you, I think a slight delay until that time may work to avoid the loaner and subsequent reset (not a big deal on the reset, just something added time wise). Fingers crossed... but either way I now have a plan/path forward.

Costa-
    There will be a way to default from the RA Select app that will factory default all the devices in that particular system. Should speed up things, especially if the system starts to get larger.

Mike, that's a nice bridge from legacy to next generation. Goodness for expansion into sensors and the like later as well. Appreciate the extra insights!

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by SDR-Mike View Post
    Rumor was shipping starts at end of September (2017, I hope). As these are based on existing Caseta tech, we should see them landing soon at a distributor near you. Ra Select will NOT be in the mass retail chains.
    RA2 select is now shipping and the new Lutron app is available via the App Store or Google Play.

DIY homeowner here, halfway though my whole-house conversion to RadioRA2... still glad I went with the “real” version but I’m curious:

I am trying to make sense of RA2 Select and how much money it really saves. Aren’t you just replacing a Main Repeater and a Connect Bridge with the RA2 Select Bridge / Repeater?

Is this the only difference? Still uses the same (expensive) RA2 dimmers right? If so, it can’t be saving more than a few hundred $$, equivalent to the cost of a few dimmers at most. Is this really what people wanted? To save a few hundred $$ on a multi-thousand dollar project? (At the expense of key features like real keypads?)

Maybe I am confused... (please help!)

12. Likes Bill13 liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast