Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RadioRa2 Select?

RadioRa2 Select?

Found this on the CEDIA website - anyone at the show (or from Lutron) that can shed more light on what it is?

http://www.cedia.net/programs/awards...duct-finalists
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lutron-connect_250px.jpg  

Its a new Main Repeater that supports a subset of RA 2 devices, and includes the capability to program via an app. The RA 2 Laptop GUI is not needed. It goes up to 100 devices, but it doesn't mention an ability to go to 200, as with current RA 2. It also appears not to support RA 2 keypads, only Picos, as of now.
    Phil Scheetz
    Lighting Control Solutions
    pscheetz@lightingcontrolsolutions.com

Oh well. I was hoping it was a conditional logic processor or something like that to give us “HomeWorks Lite” on RR2.

If you are already a HomeWorks dealer, they did a new 1 link processor and wireless package, which could lower the entry price for HWQS. That sounds like HomeWorks Lite, to me...
    Phil Scheetz

Press Release is Out

Quote Originally Posted by rapamatic View Post
    Found this on the CEDIA website - anyone at the show (or from Lutron) that can shed more light on what it is?

http://www.cedia.net/programs/awards...duct-finalists
    http://www.lutron.com/en-US/Company-....aspx?prid=742

Site is up: http://www.lutron.com/ra2select

Think of RA2 Select as RadioRa2 Lite. Likely targetted at the Pro level dealers/installers that were selling Caseta. This gives you a lower cost entry to RadioRa2. I'm lead to believe that you will be able to get to the 200 device limit by replacing the main repeater if you outgrow the 100 device limit.

Quote Originally Posted by MedgarMatt View Post
    Think of RA2 Select as RadioRa2 Lite. Likely targetted at the Pro level dealers/installers that were selling Caseta. This gives you a lower cost entry to RadioRa2. I'm lead to believe that you will be able to get to the 200 device limit by replacing the main repeater if you outgrow the 100 device limit.
    Why not just add the ability to add Maestro dimmers and switches to the Smart Bridge Pro? Then if someone wants to go over the 100 device limit or add motion sensors, keypads, etc. they could move them to full Radio Ra2. Adding a whole new line seems confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by MedgarMatt View Post
    Maybe...the database for the RA2 Select system lives in the cloud and in the repeater. It will be interesting to see if there is a path to get that DB into regular RadioRA 2 Main. It needs to find a way into the laptop GUI as well. My guess is that yes, you could default the devices and start a new DB... Fun.
    Phil Scheetz

Anyone know yet if it will support any occupancy sensors? That would be only reason I would move to it from my Caseta deployment

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone know yet if it will support any occupancy sensors? That would be only reason I would move to it from my Caseta deployment

The lack of true support for Logitech Harmony remotes with RealRa2 is just in excusable. They could add it to the connect bridge, Clearly, Caseta and Ra2 Select have it but RadioRa2 will always be left out and last again to be updated.

11. Likes Thecho liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast