Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Buzzing with Lutron recommended LED bulb

Buzzing with Lutron recommended LED bulb

I recently decided to test the Lutron Caseta system so I bought a starter pack to check out before buying 20-30 dimmers/switches. I ended up purchasing Ecosmart 5BHPR1000SW1D19 bulbs because it was listed as "Best dimming bulb recommended by Lutron on the bulb finder tool. Now that I have installed them there is still a clearly audible buzzing noise. It is even worse when the lights aren't at 100%. Is there a way to get rid of this noise? It almost makes me want to go back to the old switch/bulbs.

I had the same problem with some Sylvania dimmable bulbs. Took the bulbs back and replaced with Cree Dimmable, buzzing went away and light was just as good.

Quote Originally Posted by holmern View Post
    I recently decided to test the Lutron Caseta system so I bought a starter pack to check out before buying 20-30 dimmers/switches. I ended up purchasing Ecosmart 5BHPR1000SW1D19 bulbs because it was listed as "Best dimming bulb recommended by Lutron on the bulb finder tool. Now that I have installed them there is still a clearly audible buzzing noise. It is even worse when the lights aren't at 100%. Is there a way to get rid of this noise? It almost makes me want to go back to the old switch/bulbs.
    Two things- which dimmer? the PD-6WCL? May want to try with a neutral dimmer- PD-10NXD. Should help a lot, but may not fix entirely.

Also, that bulb may have been tested many years ago. Sources change on the internal components and companies often do not change the part number or UL Listing. Sucks, but that's the way it is. That bulb may need a re-test, but only the bulb manufacturer can request that from Lutron. They still do the test for free. It unfortunately causes issues if they don't re-test as this very issue arrises more and more.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols