Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DSC 1832 IT-100 integration

DSC 1832 IT-100 integration

I'm in the process of installing a DSC IT-100 serial module to communicate with the main repeater. The manual says the module can trigger a phantom button on the main repeater. Does anyone have experience with this integration? Does the IT-100 trigger predefined phantom scenes when the DSC is away armed, stay armed, etc? The baud rate etc defaults seem to match both sides so setup seems straight forward.

Did you ever figure this out? I've tapped Lutron and DSC support for help, but didn't get any information that I could easily decipher.
    Last edited by nicholass817; 10-04-2017 at 10:22 AM. Reason: mispelling

Checkout: http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...ry/048-451.pdf

Shows integration with Honeywell but seems same/similar for DSC. One thing to note is that you need to use a straight through RS232 with a null adapter. Or I guess a null cable.

When the DSC panel is armed, etc, initiates phantom buttons (see doc). I'm still trying to get it to work.
    But I think each event (arm, disarm) based on time of day initiates one or more phantom buttons.

Telnet to the repeater and see if you can see the commands coming through from DSC.

Has anyone successfully integrated DSC 1832 to Lutron RA2? When I arm the DSC, I would like to initiates the away scene and activate the vacation mode button. And when I disarm, initiate the welcome scene and deactivate the vacation mode button. I don't see any commands coming in to deactivate the vacation mode.

I haven't even started the installation yet....client wants to go with a specific alarm company that only installs DSC Power Series panels, and doesn't know anything about integration.

Ed at Lutron responded to me with: "It would seem that all it is doing it is calling out the phantom buttons on the main repeater, however I don’t know how that would be done on their side. I will attach our integration protocol guide to this e-mail."
    DSC support sent me this:
    "Unfortunately ,we do not have any document to integrate with Lurton ." ...misspelling and all...

It kills me that this isn't better documented somewhere. Especially given it is an Integration Module in the Ra2 section on LCI (along side Alarm.com, Elk, HAI, and Honeywell).

Are you using the DLS5 software to program the DSC?

No, DSC system was already installed.

Sounds like you have this partially working. Have you had to do anything on the DSC side? Or just make the connections?

Oye...In response to the same basic questions...What programming steps need to take place?

Ed from Lutron says: It would depend what the integration requires, if the driver does not use string commands the installer would call out the integration ID of the button, which you would get from the integration report. This really needs to go to DSC and someone who is familiar with how the integration works.

DSC Tech Support says:
    The IT100 already communicates signals automatically via the RS-232 connection. Other than making certain that the panel detects the IT100, there is no additional programming to be done in the DSC panel in order to have this happen. These signals are encoded to be interpreted by the interface. On the interface side, you would require to use the IT100 Developer’s Guide so the IT100 and the interface understand each other.

Maybe I'm making this more difficult than it needs to be.

I would try just connecting the main repeater to the IT100 via rs232 (make sure to use a null cable). It just seems to work. But its not very clear how it's communicating. Seems to be triggering multiple phantom buttons depending on time of day -- I can't find any ways to change.

I finally got around to doing this, and have run into all sorts of problems. Everything is installed correctly (IT-100 wired to the panel keybus with the provided ferrule and a null-modem cable to the Main Repeater). I programmed everything per the document linked in post #3 above. It all seemed to work fine. I tested the different alarms, arming/disarming...all during the day, and the Ra2 system reacted accordingly. Then at night when the panel was set to "Arm Stay" all of the devices would turn off after about 2 minutes. I messed with the phantom button programming on 93-95 and nothing seemed to fix it. So, as a stop gap I removed all devices from 93-95...NOW when the alarm is disarmed all lights turn off. This is driving me up a wall!!!

The only thing that i cannot figure out how to change is the boud rate on the IT-100. I need it to be as high as possible as the cable length is only a couple feet. Any advise or experience will be appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

I finally got around to doing this, and have run into all sorts of problems. Everything is installed correctly (IT-100 wired to the panel keybus with the provided ferrule and a null-modem cable to the Main Repeater). I programmed everything per the document linked in post #3 above. It all seemed to work fine. I tested the different alarms, arming/disarming...all during the day, and the Ra2 system reacted accordingly. Then at night when the panel was set to "Arm Stay" all of the devices would turn off after about 2 minutes. I messed with the phantom button programming on 93-95 and nothing seemed to fix it. So, as a stop gap I removed all devices from 93-95...NOW when the alarm is disarmed all lights turn off. This is driving me up a wall!!!

The only thing that i cannot figure out how to change is the boud rate on the IT-100. I need it to be as high as possible as the cable length is only a couple feet. Any advise or experience will be appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast