Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Start/Restart Sequence When Conditions are Met

Start/Restart Sequence When Conditions are Met

Greetings,

I am programming a QS system. I would like to turn on floodlights for five minutes when a driveway sensor is hit only between sunset and sunrise. The trigger from the driveway sensor comes in via a phantom keypad push from an AMX control system.

I already have a variable (Day/Night) which is set during the nighttime period in which I want the lights to operate via the driveway sensor. I have a sequence that turns on the lights for five minutes.

After building the conditional "If Day/Night is Night Then" my only option is to add a scene. I would really like to set the sequence to step one when the conditional is met.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TurnipTruck View Post
    Greetings,

I am programming a QS system. I would like to turn on floodlights for five minutes when a driveway sensor is hit only between sunset and sunrise. The trigger from the driveway sensor comes in via a phantom keypad push from an AMX control system.

I already have a variable (Day/Night) which is set during the nighttime period in which I want the lights to operate via the driveway sensor. I have a sequence that turns on the lights for five minutes.

After building the conditional "If Day/Night is Night Then" my only option is to add a scene. I would really like to set the sequence to step one when the conditional is met.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    That is easily done With that said if turning the lights on and then off after 5 minutes from a button press on to a phantom keypad you could do this with out a sequence, Since you asked Ill explain that the scene can be altered by going to actions tab choosing the scene then going to addressable items tab and choose sequences. In the meantime I have attached a model that will show you what you can do without a sequence by using a conditional button and using the delay feature Hope this helps QS Driveway Model.lutx

3. Thanks Armando B., Chris Y. thanked for this post
    Likes Armando B., John_Nau liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mcignarella View Post
    I have attached a model that will show you what you can do without a sequence by using a conditional button and using the delay feature
    Thanks for your posting.

If during the five minutes the driveway trigger is hit again, will this cause the five minute delay to restart?

Yes because i am assuming that the cartel system is signaling amx with a pulse and then amx turns around and should pulse your phantom button. I only have logic on the press tab of the button not the release. So what will happen is AMX pulses and releases the phantom button the logic is run. When is sees another pulse the logic starts all over.

If you do not want the delay to off to restart I can show you what you can do buy actually having the press also set a variable that we can monitor and once the 5 mins is up we can then switch variable state This will allow us to say don't do anything on a pulse until the 5 mins is up. Let me know if you need that
    Last edited by mcignarella; 01-10-2014 at 10:48 PM. Reason: had a brain fart

I was bored so i showed you how to do it so the timer doesn't restart. This way you can see what you can do with some simple conditional programing. QS Driveway Model Delay not reset.lutx

Yes, driveway sensor puts out a pulse when hit. Each pulse should restart the timer. I have it set up with the delay method you first explained. I hope to be installing the hardware soon and start testing. Thanks again.