Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Caseta device that requires a neutral won't work in any of my homes

Lutron Technical Support
    Unfortunately, no. That doens't help determine why it wouldn't work with the PD-6ANS. The PD-6ANS is full conduction. It's neither MLV, nor ELV.

The PD-6ANS wouldn't work anywhere I tried it so I returned it to Amazon and bought it again, arriving tonight so will see if it has the same issue with a new one.

Are you sure you are connecting to a neutral? Sometimes the white wire is used for other things. If so, it should be marked with black tape or a black marker. That doesn't always happen. Especially in older houses. You can test using a volt meter. You should see approximately 120v between the black/power and white/neutral.

If your lights are switched from multi-locations, there are limitations on where in the circuit the device can go.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    Are you sure you are connecting to a neutral? Sometimes the white wire is used for other things. If so, it should be marked with black tape or a black marker. That doesn't always happen. Especially in older houses. You can test using a volt meter. You should see approximately 120v between the black/power and white/neutral.

If your lights are switched from multi-locations, there are limitations on where in the circuit the device can go.
    I got it all working, it was the blue vs red wire I had mixed up. I forget how I had it, was using the blue one as the line/load leaving the red capped since reds have always been travelers on my other switches, but finally swapped them and it worked right away. Either that or the other way around, but it was because I was using the blue wire and not the red, or vice-versa whatever it was.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12