Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fan Control using Homekit

Fan Control using Homekit

I am working on designing my first install using the new Connect Bridge 2.

Are 2ANFs exposed to homekit for control when using the new bridge?

I’ve searched for an answer or video of a demonstration and haven’t been able to find anything.

I reached out to Lutron Support about this, and was passed from the "Application Group" to "System Support". They then provided me with a document that I've read previously (google "integrating homekit with ra2" and it's the first from lutron.com), which may indirectly answer my concern about fan control. I just really would like to know if the extent of homekit compatibility stops at lights and shades. If so, lutron missed the mark a little with this integration.

I guess my best course of action is to experiment with a client's install and not promise anything more than what I can get to work onsite.

Did you ever end up testing this out? I'm VERY curious if fan control works through HomeKit in the new RA2 Select systems and if you were able to prove that it works in regular RadioRA 2 then it's possible for RA2 Select as well.

Thanks in advance!

- - - Updated - - -

Did you ever end up testing this out? I'm VERY curious if fan control works through HomeKit in the new RA2 Select systems and if you were able to prove that it works in regular RadioRA 2 then it's possible for RA2 Select as well.

Thanks in advance!

Not yet....installing RA2 is going to be one f the last steps in a larger renovation that I am doing for this client. All of the parts are sitting in my warehouse waiting to go in the week of October 16. I’ll post findings shortly thereafter.

I’ve installed 4x of the Radio RA2 Select fan controllers and unfortunately none of them are surfaced in HomeKit. :(

All 4 work great in the Lutron app but am very disappointed that they are not visible in HomeKit. My understanding is that Lutron has not (yet?) enabled this as HomeKit supports fans.

Please Lutron... help us out here!! :)

6. Thanks nicholass817 thanked for this post
    I did discover this a couple months ago, and should have posted it. The owner was pretty disappointed. But when given the option between keypads in full RA2 and Homekit control of fans in RA2 Select they opted for the keypads.

This needs to be fixed.

I believe this is an issue with all of the voice assistants. Raise/lower are sometimes supported, but not High, or Medium, etc. This poses an issue where none of the voice assistants can properly control the fan. I would be curious to know if setting a scene for "Fan (whatever speed)" and then "Fan Stop" would work. I would use "Fan Stop" as on and off are action words for voice assistants and confuse the little buggers when the scene name contains these words.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

The location services is what was important on this job. They wanted the house to shutdown or startup in part without direct interaction with a device if everyone left. Parents and 3 kids all with iPhones. This can be done with HomeKit. Fans and Televisions were the hangup. I used appliance modules to cut power to TVs, but no love for fans.

Installed a 2ANF on RA2 select system and verified fans do not show up in HomeKit, even though dimmer switches are readily apparent. The Apple Store has iOS devices with HomeKit installed and one of the sample devices is a ceiling fan. Pretty nice integration that is possible, just not with Lutron 2ANF...hope it will be rectified.