Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Light ramps up and then fades down automatically in a cycle

Light ramps up and then fades down automatically in a cycle

Hi, I converted 3 switches into caseta wireless switches. After, 1 of the lights will fade all the way up and then fade all the way down non-stop. This is automatic and I can stop it by pressing the off button. The indicator light on the caseta will follow this and climb and then drop. If I dim it manually I can make it stay at a certain brightness until it reaches the peak at which point it will go into that cycle again of all the way up and then all the way down. The other light seemed to be working but when trying to turn it off, it will stay very dim and then turn on and off in a rhythm. This cannot be stopped (If I remember) so I wound up just shutting off the power completed to that junction box. I have installed many other caseta switches in the home without this issue. Can anyone help me figure out where the source of the issue is? I don't believe this is a fixture issue as I have the same type of fixture somewhere else in the home which works fine. Thanks in advance.

https://youtu.be/ipZP8AWWRuA

Here's a vid of someone with what appears to be similar issue as me he never got a response.

Lutron Technical Support
    It sounds like an incompatibility between the dimmer and the load. I'm assuming this is an LED load. I've seen both issues happen before because of incompatible LEDs. Do you have a manufacturer and model number of the LED?

If this is a Caseta dimmer, you can find a list of tested and approved LEDs at www.lutron.com/ledfinder.

Brian thanks for your response. I think you are absolutely right. I was scratching my head thinking about it and didn't think I wired anything incorrectly. In any case before you replied I tried changing the bulb out which was cfl. I changed it into a dimmable led and it immediately fixed the issue easy. Didn't think something like a bulb could somehow seem to affect and control the switch. Thanks for your response.