Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Stand alone Switch and Sensor

Stand alone Switch and Sensor

Hello,

I currently have a Caseta setup in my house, however I don't need the controls for our walk in closet, so I would like to setup a stand alone system that turns the closet light on when there is motion and then off after a period of time.

Can someone recommend the parts that would be needed in order to accomplish this?

I thought about adding a smartthings hub, but I would rather not if I don't have to.

I noticed some folks around here have setup motion sensors as stand alone systems but they didn't mention what they actually used, hence my question.

Thanks

Just got off the chat line with Lutron, for those that are interested here is what you would need. I wanted a ceiling mounted motion sensor:

PD-6ANS with LRF2-OCR2b-P

To setup:
    Press and hold the bottom button on the wall switch for 6 sec. and then press and hold the light bulb button on the sensor for 6 sec.

no app needed, standalone only.

Good to know. I may have to a few things standalone to back of my 50 device issue. But it sounds like if we want to keep Caseta switches on a Lutron hub then a 3rd party hub and sensor are required. So Smartthings is a likely option and any ST compatible sensor . I use the Iris motion sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by Blurum View Post
    Good to know. I may have to a few things standalone to back of my 50 device issue. But it sounds like if we want to keep Caseta switches on a Lutron hub then a 3rd party hub and sensor are required. So Smartthings is a likely option and any ST compatible sensor . I use the Iris motion sensor.
    That is what it was sounding like from reading the various threads in this forum and others. I would need to add a second third party hub if I wanted to have it connected. This maybe the case with some other instances that I am thinking about, but for now, this should work out fine given I am only going to be using this for a few of my closets.