Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: LED Can Lights Flickering when off

Question LED Can Lights Flickering when off

Hello,

I posted before regarding a situation where LED can lights in other parts of my house using a Caseta dimmer would flicker when they're off when my kitchen lights that were also using a Caseta dimmer were on. (https://forums.lutron.com/showthread...2495#post12495) This issue was resolved by replacing the Caseta PRO dimmer that was controlling the kitchen lights with the ELV dimmer.

My electrician removed the old fluorescent can light above the kitchen sink and replaced it with a LED retrofit can light to match the rest of the kitchen. I noticed last night after it was dark that it is flickering when off. If I pull the FASS, the flickering stops. If it push the FASS back in, it starts flickering again. Basically the same behavior as before in the other thread except with one key difference, all the other lights using a Caseta dimmer were off. Walking to the living room, I see the first of 4 LED's barely flickering also. This flicker seems to be more of a pulse compared to the previous scenario.

It appears there's voltage bleed, however I'm lost as to how to being troubleshooting. In the previous scenario, it was clear that the kitchen lights being on affected the other lights which led to replacing the PRO with the ELV, but now with the sink light flickering when everything else is off, I don't know where to start. I'm wondering if the LED lights I am using just need the ELV dimmer, but I hope that isn't the case as that gets expensive quickly as I have 7 Caseta dimmers installed.

Any suggestions on how to begin troubleshooting?
    Video - https://vid.me/bCOBd (Sorry for the annoying tv background noise)
    Doug

Anyone there?

Lutron Technical Support
    Are these the same CELEDRT56/850/927/2 LEDs as in the other post, or are they a different manufacturer/model number?

Yep, same model. Only difference is one fixture on the dimmer. Not enough load perhaps?

Lutron Technical Support
    It looks like that LED passed with our digital ELV dimmers, but we haven't tested it with the Caseta ELV dimmer.
    The PD-5NE-WH dimmer would probably be the best choice to use to control that LED, but without testing it on that dimmer, I can't confirm how well it will work.