Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: What options are there with Caseta for door sensors?

What options are there with Caseta for door sensors?

Hi all, I just got a 2500 sq/ft condo on the 77th floor in Toronto and now of course want to automate it like crazy. I decided to go with Caseta but I'm wondering if there's any options for door sensors? I basically want when I open a closet door to have the light turn on, but I haven't seen any door sensors or motion sensors from Lutron yet. I might just do an Insteon SwitchLinch and Hidden Door Sensor but ideally I'd rather have it be all the same brand. Are there any options? One walk in closet luckily has the light switch inside of it, so I might just use one of the Lutron switch+motion sensor things for that one, but a few others have the switch outside so that wouldn't work. Thanks!

I have an ordinary lutron occupancy sensor switch mounted in an electrical box in the ceiling right beside the light it controls. This works perfectly for walk-in pantry/closet.

Quote Originally Posted by psychobunny View Post
    Hi all, I just got a 2500 sq/ft condo on the 77th floor in Toronto and now of course want to automate it like crazy. I decided to go with Caseta but I'm wondering if there's any options for door sensors? I basically want when I open a closet door to have the light turn on, but I haven't seen any door sensors or motion sensors from Lutron yet. I might just do an Insteon SwitchLinch and Hidden Door Sensor but ideally I'd rather have it be all the same brand. Are there any options? One walk in closet luckily has the light switch inside of it, so I might just use one of the Lutron switch+motion sensor things for that one, but a few others have the switch outside so that wouldn't work. Thanks!
    Last edited by hgmobile; 08-02-2017 at 03:58 PM. Reason: grammar

You can either go the homekit route, or get a smartthings hub and use the sensors with it linked to your caseta hub. There are no sensor that will work direct with Caseta (hub)