Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Radio RA2 Integration With Pentair Pool

Radio RA2 Integration With Pentair Pool

Does anyone know how I can integrate Radio Ra with Pentair Pool.
    Radio Ra does not send commands and Pentair only receive command via RS232, (no contact closure).

Use a home automation master controller like Indigo (Mac), CQC (Windows), Control4, etc.

Lutron Technical Support
    If Pentair Pool can log into the Main Repeater, and monitor the Ra2 button presses, it may be able have Pentair to do something when is sees a button being pressed on a Ra2 keypad. Otherwise, I would agree with FlyingDiver's suggestions of a home automation master controller.

I have a Pentair pool system. It's a very simple serial interface. Send a command, get a response. No logic or parsing possible.

The cheapest solution would be an rPi with a couple serial ports and some custom programming.

Or a 3rd party automation system that ran on a Raspberry Pi that speaks both Lutron and Pentair protocols. Homeseer is one option, and their forums have discussions on the Pentair and other pool systems. Search it for more:

https://forums.homeseer.com/search.php

Radio RA2 Integration With Pentair Pool

Quote Originally Posted by wkearney99 View Post
    Or a 3rd party automation system that ran on a Raspberry Pi that speaks both Lutron and Pentair protocols. Homeseer is one option, and their forums have discussions on the Pentair and other pool systems. Search it for more:

https://forums.homeseer.com/search.php
    Any suggestions on how I can do this with out a 3rd party automation. Client still wants to you Lutron app and at the same time use existing 6 keypads.

Quote Originally Posted by U2 SOLUTIONS View Post
    Any suggestions on how I can do this with out a 3rd party automation. Client still wants to you Lutron app and at the same time use existing 6 keypads.
    HS3 supports triggering events from keypad buttons. Use a button to call an event in HS3 that, in turn, handles whatever other devices you have configured within it. The app, physical keypad buttons, pico remotes, etc, will all still be usable as interfaces to it.

I've got an event triggered by a keypad button that check to see if it's after dark. If so, it drops the room lighting, brings up some others along a path and times them out (to off) after a programmed amount of time.

Granted, it's a whole other layer of things to learn, set up and maintain but it does work reliably.