Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 240v installation

240v installation

Hi there,

When choosing a system I read somewhere that caseta supports dual voltage 120 - 270v. I then ordered the kit with a bridge, dimmer and pico remote. When I installed the dimmer it worked fine for 10mins and then I assume melted (I could smell it). After reading the technical info of the dimmer that comes in the kit, it seems like it only supports 120v and from what I can pick up, it seems like only one switch in the whole range supports dual voltage. My problem is that its only a switch and I really want the dimming functionality. Now I am sitting with a melted dimmer and a bridge and pico remote that I cannot use.

Is there any alternative that I can use to still make use of the bridge? Like a maestro dimmer or a dimmer pro or something or should I just chalk this down to a failed experiment and move on to a system that supports 240v like insteon.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    The only Caseta devices that can handle a voltage other than 120Vac, is the PD-5WS-DV switch. The PD-5WS-DV is only rated to work with either 120Vac or 277Vac. It's not rated for 220-240Vac use. See page 4 of the spec sheet: http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...369987_ENG.pdf.

Lutron doesn't make products for 240Vac in North America. Our 240Vac products are only for use in Europe.

On the PD6-WCL It is only the protection MOV that is not rated at 220/240v the rest of the components are. if you are handy you can change it for a 270v to suit..... it’s obviously still not advised but I have three working just fine on 220v

Hi - i am planning as well to install the Caseta dimmer & Switches in a 230V environment. Anyone who did change the varistor has some pictures to share ?
    I am starting with 6 Dimmers ...

Have a look at this thread, I have put up a pic of where you need to cut the case- you won’t get it apart without destroying it. I have three working for the last 4 months fine.....

https://forums.lutron.com/showthread...is-it-possible

Not the varistor, it’s a triac, and you don’t need to change it, just the 120v protection MOV that will blow.