Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Where to buy Triple Tabletop Stand For less than $80!

Where to buy Triple Tabletop Stand For less than $80!

I believe they were originally made by an outside vendor but are now manufactured by Lutron for MUCH less Any links?

Lutron Technical Support
    AJF4ME, Lutron doesn't discuss manufacturing and pricing of products publicly.

I wasn't asking Lutron I was asking other forum members if they've found it anywhere for less than $80 and if so can you post the link.

I've never seen triple pedestals for much less than that. They're not a huge selling item, thus there's not much 'economy of scale' to drive the price down. That and, welcome to the price of Lutron devices. They are, at least, quite well made, not just cheap plastic.

Thing is, in what scenario do you envision needing 3 pico remotes lined up like that? Because voice control through devices like the Amazon Echo has reduced the need to use remotes and keypads. I say reduced, not eliminated, because in a few situations (like late at night) it's still desirable to use silent buttons instead of voice commands/responses. That and manual volume controls are handy when things GET LOUD.

Quote Originally Posted by wkearney99 View Post
    I've never seen triple pedestals for much less than that. They're not a huge selling item, thus there's not much 'economy of scale' to drive the price down. That and, welcome to the price of Lutron devices. They are, at least, quite well made, not just cheap plastic.

Thing is, in what scenario do you envision needing 3 pico remotes lined up like that? Because voice control through devices like the Amazon Echo has reduced the need to use remotes and keypads. I say reduced, not eliminated, because in a few situations (like late at night) it's still desirable to use silent buttons instead of voice commands/responses. That and manual volume controls are handy when things GET LOUD.
    Thanks. We have an open floor plan with the Family Room, Kitchen and dining room all open to each other I have 4 sets of Serena shades and 5 different lightings plus a Sonos system which I like to control from the Family room which is also our home theater. I have an Echo Dot that I've tried to use but you have to use certain phrases like "Trigger' instead of Open or Close or Turn On or Off which I find annoying. Siri works much better IMO but it doesn't "hear" as well as the Echo I know Apple is coming out with their own Echo competitor but I don't want or need to replace my Sonos just for the ability for it to control my HomeKit stuff

Thanks for the reply and ideas