Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Mixture of Hybrid/Remote or all Remote?

Mixture of Hybrid/Remote or all Remote?

I'm remodeling a kitchen and planning on installing RA2 for the kitchen and also retrofitting it into the home theater and other living spaces. There's about 6 zones of lighting, and I want to avoid a proliferation of switches/dimmers on the wall in the kitchen, so I was thinking of having some of the zones (e.g., undercounter lights) on dimmers hidden in the pantry closet. But then that leads to the question... if 4 zones are on hidden dimmers, should the other two be Hybrid Keypads or should I just go ahead and hide the other two and use standalone keypads with no loads on them?

For the other rooms, things are wired as they are, so the answer is obvious... but what's the recommended approach for a new build?

Hello atmatthewat,
    Thank you for your post.
    If its a load type that the hybrid keypad can support then I would go with the hybrid keypad. In the future if the system had downtime then the hybrid keypad can still operate the load locally without the client going into a closet.

Quote Originally Posted by Blair S. View Post
    Hello atmatthewat,
    Thank you for your post.
    If its a load type that the hybrid keypad can support then I would go with the hybrid keypad. In the future if the system had downtime then the hybrid keypad can still operate the load locally without the client going into a closet.
    That's a good point. Now to see if the client is ok with 6 buttons plus up/down, as there's no 7 button hybrid (I gather that's a UL issue, but still unfortunate).