Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Charges within Apps

Charges within Apps

Hello Out There

I just today received my Smart Bridge and the Honeywell Thermostat that is supposed to be compatible with all this other stuff (Alexa etc.)

Can some explain why I needed to input a credit card number and both apps were free but said "in app purchase."

I'm confused...Is this some kind of hustle where they nickel and dime you for everything you want to add or perform ?

Quote Originally Posted by ghost0723 View Post
    Hello Out There

I just today received my Smart Bridge and the Honeywell Thermostat that is supposed to be compatible with all this other stuff (Alexa etc.)

Can some explain why I needed to input a credit card number and both apps were free but said "in app purchase."

I'm confused...Is this some kind of hustle where they nickel and dime you for everything you want to add or perform ?
    Home+ is free, but to get the remote access component you purchase access via the "Apple Store" for $60 a year. The "LutronConnect" app is used with the Connect Bridge and includes remote access as part of the hardware purchase. Though neither app required a credit card to install (that I can recall). The Honeywell TouchPro TStat doesn't require any additional software to integrate and control via HWQS.