Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with setting automatic on and off times for front door light

Help with setting automatic on and off times for front door light

On the Lutron app, I have my front porch light set to come on at sunset. (We like it on all night.) I would like to have it turn off at sunrise but I don't see how to do that on the app.
    Can anyone help with this?

2. Thanks goodboyr thanked for this post
    Authorized Lutron Contributor
    If you would like to have your lights automatically turn off, you will need to create a schedule to act as your “off schedule”.

Do this by going to Scenes > More > Schedules > Add a Schedule…you can select the same lights you included in your “on schedule”, just be sure to set their levels to “Off”

Zach thank you so much! I didn't realize
    that I needed to set "off" as a separate scene! I think that solved the problem! My electrician installed this system and we have no instructions so we've been trying to figure it out. Could I ask you one more question ? Can two users use the same Lutron app for the same home? My husband wants to put this on his phone also- Would we have to use the same
    username and password to do this?

You're welcome! You can have up to 10 users logged-in to a Caseta system at once, however, all the users will need to log in with the same email address/password. So, just download the Caseta app on your husband's phone, select "Sign in", and then enter the same credentials you used on your phone.

Thank you very much Zach! I have set two schedules for the front light to come on at sunset and go off at sunrise. It was still on this morning so I'm resetting the schedules again today to see if it will turn off at sunrise tomorrow . You have helped more with this than any info I have found online - could you write a how-to booklet
    for Lutron?:)
    Thanks again!

7. Likes Zach R. liked this post
    Be careful when selecting the devices you want to include in the schedule...it is easy to miss the step where you set the device levels. Also, thank you for that positive feedback! I have actually written a couple of troubleshooting guides for Caseta, but I wish I had time to develop more! We are currently working on ways to make the scheduling process even more intuitive, so hopefully instructions like this won't be required in the future.

Now that I have my front door lights
    coming on and going off correctly I would like to know if there are any indoor security cameras that are compatible with the Caseta bridge. Zach?:)

Quote Originally Posted by Nightowl72 View Post
    Now that I have my front door lights
    coming on and going off correctly I would like to know if there are any indoor security cameras that are compatible with the Caseta bridge. Zach?:)
    Nest cam have some integration with Caseta.

Thank you! I'll check the Nest cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach R. View Post
    If you would like to have your lights automatically turn off, you will need to create a schedule to act as your “off schedule”.

Do this by going to Scenes > More > Schedules > Add a Schedule…you can select the same lights you included in your “on schedule”, just be sure to set their levels to “Off”
    Is it possible to set multiple times for a single device to come on and off?

I tried to set a new schedule for each time but it would require a new name for each time. Is that the only way to do it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast