Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Exterior wireless porchlight - cant find a bulbs that will turn off

Exterior wireless porchlight - cant find a bulbs that will turn off

Recently bought a new home with a Lutron system. Not long after, both exterior porch bulbs died at about the same time. Since then, I've bought 3 different bulbs on the capatibilty list and none of them would fully turn off.

I am beyond frustrated. At this point, I would just appreciate someone linking to an exterior bulb from Amazon or other site that they know works. This is a service Lutron should do for us but their capatibilty tool unfortunately just gives the product name a nd model number and not many sites give detailed model numbers.

Thank you advance for any assistance.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkwin View Post
    Recently bought a new home with a Lutron system. Not long after, both exterior porch bulbs died at about the same time. Since then, I've bought 3 different bulbs on the capatibilty list and none of them would fully turn off.

I am beyond frustrated. At this point, I would just appreciate someone linking to an exterior bulb from Amazon or other site that they know works. This is a service Lutron should do for us but their capatibilty tool unfortunately just gives the product name a nd model number and not many sites give detailed model numbers.

Thank you advance for any assistance.
    I am sorry for the frustrations you are experiencing. In order for us to recommend an LED we would need to know the model number of the Lutron control, and they type of LED that you are looking for.

I don't care about the type of LED beyond finding one that will completely turn off. I popped the cover off and the only numbers I see are 470-2278 A printed on the right/top side of the center green transistor that sits in the middle of the plastic light indicator.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkwin View Post
    I don't care about the type of LED beyond finding one that will completely turn off. I popped the cover off and the only numbers I see are 470-2278 A printed on the right/top side of the center green transistor that sits in the middle of the plastic light indicator.
    Is there a way you can provide a picture of the control(s) you are using? The model number is usually printed on a label on the side of the control. Without an exact model number, there is no way we can recommend an LED. If you are unable to post a picture here, you can email one to leds@lutron.com.

Email sent.