Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: can't control

Angry can't control

I am currently doing a project in Beijing, equipment with Grade Dimming Panel and Remote Power Panel(CCP-6L-240FT), Project Setings-Location chose China.In the equipment toolbox, there is no Specification Grade Dimming Panel can choose, can only use the Remote Power Panel(CCP) replaced Grade Dimming Panel, but in fact, Grade Dimming Panel can't control, because link assignment menu. the Remote Power Panel type is HwiMI230, GP type is SPI.now is the problem of GP can't control, how to solve the problem?Very anxious!

I met questions when using version 5.2.0, project Settings Location choosing China, no Specification Grade Dimming Panel menu ark can choose.If solve this problem?
    If you have already upload the program, in the project Settings, Location selection could lock myself, can't change, if you want to change this area, how to solve this problem?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Since in the location this system is being installed in does not support HomeWorks spec grade panels you would need to put a PNL-8 in the software. The panels that are on site would need to have either an MI’s or SPI’s installed in them. Also for every 32 circuits the panel a MI or SPI would be needed.

In the HomeWorks QS software for each MI or SPI you would add a PNL-8. You would add RPM-4U’s to the panel and each output would represent the corresponding circuit in the panels that are on site. So RPM 1 output 1 would be circuit 1. RPM 2 output 1 would be circuit 5.

Where is the SPI to choose?

Quote Originally Posted by Craig W. View Post
    Since in the location this system is being installed in does not support HomeWorks spec grade panels you would need to put a PNL-8 in the software. The panels that are on site would need to have either an MI’s or SPI’s installed in them. Also for every 32 circuits the panel a MI or SPI would be needed.

In the HomeWorks QS software for each MI or SPI you would add a PNL-8. You would add RPM-4U’s to the panel and each output would represent the corresponding circuit in the panels that are on site. So RPM 1 output 1 would be circuit 1. RPM 2 output 1 would be circuit 5.

I do in the way you say, but inside the PNL - 8, MI is fixed and cannot be changed, the default is MI.Where is the SPI to choose? If the location China

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    As the SPI's sit on the same link as the MI's they communicate to the processor in the same manner. This allows you to have the MI's in the project file and the SPI's in the physical panels.