Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stringify Integration

Stringify Integration

Please make the Cloud APIs available for Stringify to connect to Lutron and allow me to have access to the APIs for controlling my Lutron system using Stringify!

Thank you!

2. Thanks Edward S. thanked for this post
    Very much agree. I know the owners at Stringify have been trying, but no real indication on if its a Lutron issue or Stringify issue in terms of who is allowing or not allowing what.

10000% agree.

And Caseta needs to allow invocation of Smart Away through IFTTT and/or Stringify as well. With more than one person in the house, it's impossible to use automatic means within the Caseta app to turn this off and on, but with IFTTT and/or Stringify, I could do it if I could only trigger Smart Away through them.

Not Ideal - but here is how I handled the issue. I had to setup a Samsung Smartthings Hub, then Connect Lutron Caséta through the SmartThings app. Then add the Smartthings Hub and subsequent Lutron Devices to Stringify. Now I can control my Lutron devices through Stringify via Smartthings. (rube goldberg would be proud)

I really wish Lutron would work with Stringify to add native Lutron Smart Bridge support. With that said, I was able to achieve Light Automation via Stringify using a Logitech Harmony Hub that I was already using for Entertainment automation. You can detect the Lutron Smart Bridge within the My Harmony app, then have access to all your lighting devices through "Activities". Then in Stringify you can Start and Stop activities.

I used Stringify to create a "Security Lights" Activity that is triggered by Arlo Pro cameras sensing motion after 8pm at night until the morning. It turns on all my exterior lights (and my bedroom light to help wake me up) and then turns it off again after 15 mintues.

Our Caseta hub is awesome for controlling our lighting and electric window shades! That comprises a large part of our home automation. Please add Stringify connectivity so that we can truly take advantage of the Caseta hub and our integrated Lutron devices!

8. Thanks Brian W. thanked for this post
    Lutron Technical Support
    I've forwarded your direct Stringify integration request to our development engineers as a possible future feature to the Caseta system.
    Thank you all for your requests.

I randomly opened the Stringify app on my iPhone and discovered Caseta Wireless is now available. I'm not sure when this happened but thank you! I created a flow that increases the brightness of my front porch and side garage lights to 100% when my Ring Pro detects motion. After seven minutes they returned to 65%. This is only during the hours of 10pm to 5 am. Home automation is really coming along.

11. Thanks SDR-Mike thanked for this post
    Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by devin View Post
    I randomly opened the Stringify app on my iPhone and discovered Caseta Wireless is now available. I'm not sure when this happened but thank you! I created a flow that increases the brightness of my front porch and side garage lights to 100% when my Ring Pro detects motion. After seven minutes they returned to 65%. This is only during the hours of 10pm to 5 am. Home automation is really coming along.
    Caseta became controllable by Stringify at the beginning of April 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. View Post
    Caseta became controllable by Stringify at the beginning of April 2018.
    Does this apply to Ra2 Select as well?
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast