Thread: Why are Global Scenes an Inclusive Capability

Why are Global Scenes an Inclusive Capability

I've converted my home from x10, controlled by a Leviton Toscana controller to RadioRa2. Almost all programming of my x10 environment was scene based so I just naturally think in terms of scenes. I can't understand why Lutron reserves the use of global scenes for the Inclusive version of the programming software. I understand for more complex devices but global scenes are just a time saving convenience. I have 4 keypads in my house and I use the phantom button capability on the main repeater; my life would be much easier if I could define global scenes and attach them to the buttons.

What do you think? If I can ever find time I just might have to take the level 2 training. Oh, is this why global scenes are only included in the Inclusive software?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rbeachra View Post
    I've converted my home from x10, controlled by a Leviton Toscana controller to RadioRa2. Almost all programming of my x10 environment was scene based so I just naturally think in terms of scenes. I can't understand why Lutron reserves the use of global scenes for the Inclusive version of the programming software. I understand for more complex devices but global scenes are just a time saving convenience. I have 4 keypads in my house and I use the phantom button capability on the main repeater; my life would be much easier if I could define global scenes and attach them to the buttons.

What do you think? If I can ever find time I just might have to take the level 2 training. Oh, is this why global scenes are only included in the Inclusive software?

Thanks
    Can't you just do a copy/paste? That's what I do when putting the same scene on different keypads.

Quote Originally Posted by freeoscar View Post
    Can't you just do a copy/paste? That's what I do when putting the same scene on different keypads.
    Thanks Oscar, I did not realize this is possible. Can you help with implementation details? Do you copy the button? Does it work with "Phantom Buttons"?

I appreciate the help.

So I answered my own question: yes you copy the already programmed button and paste it to another. The only negative is that I can't figure out how to do this with "Phantom Buttons". This is where the global scene capability would be helpful.

So what do you say Lutron? Why not make the Global Scenes part of the "Essential" software?

Thanks