Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Occupancy sensor with Lutron Caseta and SmartThings

I'm not seeing the Lutron issue. If you have a SmartThings or 3rd party sensor talking to a ST hub which is talking to a Caseta system, Caseta will still accept commands from the ST hub. It doesn't care if the command was a timed event, a button press, a motion trigger, etc. as long as the ST hub relays the command.

Yes, it would be nice if Lutron had a sensor that worked with Caseta. However, I don't like motion sensors in side the house. I find there are more exceptions to the rule than there are reasons to have them.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Occupancy using pow pak

You can just add a powpak after the Caseta switch. Then the switch stays on the system and you can add pico’s, occupancy, and photocells to the system.

Just make sure to add the min load resistor provided with the Caseta switch. The Switch will not recognize the light due to the powpak being between them.

Powpak

You can just add a powpak after the Caseta switch. Then the switch stays on the system and you can add pico’s, occupancy, and photocells to the system.

Just make sure to add the min load resistor provided with the Caseta switch. The Switch will not recognize the light due to the powpak being between them.

Quote Originally Posted by calumin View Post
    I have a laundry room with a light controlled by a Caseta Wireless dimmer. I also have a SmartThings hub and a Caseta Smart Bridge Pro. I'm in California where we have Title 24 requirements, and I need to have this room controlled by an occupancy sensor. I have a couple questions:

1) Could I install a SmartThings motion sensor to automatically turn on the light if someone enters (or opens the laundry room door)?
    2) Could I also have the light automatically turn off xx minutes after the light turns on (or after the sensor last detects motion)?
    3) If it's possible to do (2), do I have to code this myself or is there something off-the-shelf that makes it easy to do this?

Thanks!
    You simply need an occupancy sensor.
    https://www.leviton.com/en/products/...ng&layout=card

Quote Originally Posted by 3D Design View Post
    You simply need an occupancy sensor.
    https://www.leviton.com/en/products/...ng&layout=card
    How do you tie this in to the Caséta system? How would it send the signal to turn off the light?

Quote Originally Posted by TokyoJim View Post
    How do you tie this in to the Caséta system? How would it send the signal to turn off the light?
    I use the Lowe’s Iris motion sensors on SmartThings . As my SmartThings hub is integrated with Caseta hub I set automation on SmartThings .
    walk in closet , sensor gets tripped and stays tripped aaprx four min nonchangable default. I have closet light shut of in 5 min in rule , so light stays on as long as I stay in closet.
    Upon leaving it shuts off in 5 min anyway.

POWPAK integration

Quote Originally Posted by Lytebrite View Post

I have the Caseta system. I want to have the lights in my garage and entry way turn on with a motion sensor. How do I wire a powpak into the system. Can you provide direction on how to do this?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234