Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Occupancy sensor with Lutron Caseta and SmartThings

I have had good luck with the Lowes Iris motion sensors and Smartthings . Much better feedback compared to the native ST sensors.
    rules on my ST hub give me 1 second latency to switch on Caseta lights in my closet, basement etc. I also use ST rules to turn off Caseta lights after self defined activity periods.

ok...so would this be the requirement and set up:

1. lutron caseta light switch in hallway connected to wifi via the lutron caseta hub
    2. smart things hub connected to wifi
    3. motion sensor (let's say lowe's motion sensor)
    4. use smart things app to link the motion sensor with the caseta light switch
    5. use smart things app to set when to switch off light switch

does that sound correct?

Quote Originally Posted by djsunyc View Post

1. lutron caseta light switch in hallway connected to wifi via the lutron caseta hub

does that sound correct?

This is correct and I am doing this same thing all over my house. I even set different dimmer levels for different times of the night so if someone gets up to get a glass of water in the middle of the night several lights come on very dim as to not blind us. Also the same with the bathroom vanity. After 11:00PM the lights are dimmed. This would be a no brainer for Lutron to offer this functionality to Caseta owners.

4. Likes rhett7660 liked this post

does that sound correct?

This is correct and I am doing this same thing all over my house. I even set different dimmer levels for different times of the night so if someone gets up to get a glass of water in the middle of the night several lights come on very dim as to not blind us. Also the same with the bathroom vanity. After 11:00PM the lights are dimmed. This would be a no brainer for Lutron to offer this functionality to Caseta owners.

does that sound correct?

- - - Updated - - -

does that sound correct?

i believe this could and should be changed... I vote for Lutron to finally introduce Caseta occupancy/vacancy sensors! The people want this!

8. Likes rhett7660 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by jared79 View Post
    i believe this could and should be changed... I vote for Lutron to finally introduce Caseta occupancy/vacancy sensors! The people want this!
    +1000000

The caseta ecosystem works if your internet has failed. All the other ones do not. WE NEED AN OCCUPANCY SENSOR TO INTEGRATE WITH THE CASETA BRIDGE.

For those of you waiting for the occupancy sensor to come to Caseta, I doubt it ever will
    http://business.lutron.info/webmail/...9c9be50587f1c5
    That says to me, that it will only come to RA2 Select and above.
    But perhaps I am mistaken and there has already been an announcement for Caseta.

I am now considering replacing my entire system to RA2 Select.

Quote Originally Posted by rodrigo View Post
    For those of you waiting for the occupancy sensor to come to Caseta, I doubt it ever will
    http://business.lutron.info/webmail/...9c9be50587f1c5
    That says to me, that it will only come to RA2 Select and above.
    But perhaps I am mistaken and there has already been an announcement for Caseta.

I am now considering replacing my entire system to RA2 Select.
    So how long until a homeowner or one of their hacker kids reverse engineer ClearConnect? At their current rate of complacency it's only a matter of time. Either that or someone will come along and give Lutron some real competition. Until that time, I might just have to figure out how to hardwire a pico remote to an occupancy sensor :)

By the way... I'm curious -- Does Lutron even pay attention to this forum? I get the feeling like we're not getting heard.

Quote Originally Posted by jared79 View Post
    By the way... I'm curious -- Does Lutron even pay attention to this forum? I get the feeling like we're not getting heard.
    Yes, they monitor every post. I've met a few of the engineers on the forum team. SOP is to usually leave a post for 24-48 hours, unless an emergency, for the other users to reply. Just erember, these product lines often take years to come to market, and we can break them in minutes. Asking for mass changes to a system or sales policy usually results in frustration for us, as we now live in the "I want it now" world of IoT. Caseta was an answer to RR2 being "too expensive" or restrictive from DIY. R2S was the "compromise" between the systems when users like us brought the issues out on the boards here.

I apologize if I'm a bit too "fanboy", I drank the Kool-Aid a long, long, time ago. As a former rep, I have a bit more insight to how the organization works, and I do know that they are listening.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast