Thread: Occupancy sensor with Lutron Caseta and SmartThings

Occupancy sensor with Lutron Caseta and SmartThings

I have a laundry room with a light controlled by a Caseta Wireless dimmer. I also have a SmartThings hub and a Caseta Smart Bridge Pro. I'm in California where we have Title 24 requirements, and I need to have this room controlled by an occupancy sensor. I have a couple questions:

1) Could I install a SmartThings motion sensor to automatically turn on the light if someone enters (or opens the laundry room door)?
    2) Could I also have the light automatically turn off xx minutes after the light turns on (or after the sensor last detects motion)?
    3) If it's possible to do (2), do I have to code this myself or is there something off-the-shelf that makes it easy to do this?

Thanks!

dh@davidharter.com

Occupancy sensor with Lutron Caseta and SmartThings

This is exactly what I need to do. Any responses/ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by calumin View Post
    I have a laundry room with a light controlled by a Caseta Wireless dimmer. I also have a SmartThings hub and a Caseta Smart Bridge Pro. I'm in California where we have Title 24 requirements, and I need to have this room controlled by an occupancy sensor. I have a couple questions:

1) Could I install a SmartThings motion sensor to automatically turn on the light if someone enters (or opens the laundry room door)?
    2) Could I also have the light automatically turn off xx minutes after the light turns on (or after the sensor last detects motion)?
    3) If it's possible to do (2), do I have to code this myself or is there something off-the-shelf that makes it easy to do this?

Thanks!

Why Lutron is not supporting this within the Caseta ecosystem baffles me. Well I know why, because they probably want to push you towards the upper end model, but this is something, based on the amount of posts, a lot of folks would like to have supported natively since most of us don't want to have to add additional hub to our systems thus adding another system into the mix.

Does the smart things integration require that Lutron dimmers/switches and picos be paired to the Smart Things Hub ( a la wink)? or is there some kind of hub to hub integration and the Lutron HW gets paired to the actual Lutron hub?