Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Maestro MA-LFQHW Popped, Now what?

Maestro MA-LFQHW Popped, Now what?

Installed a Maestro MA-LFQHW fan and light control module couple months ago, then suddenly the control stopped working. I spent some time on the phone trying to troubleshoot with no avail. The only option is to purchase another switch and try that.

I installed the new switch and turned the breaker back on. My wife was in the room and heard a 'pop'. And alas, another switch was dead. I pulled down the ceiling fan to find a short in the wiring that appears to have worked in probably from the vibration of the fan. Looks like that may have been the culprit.

Question is, are these units internally fused, and I can reuse them again? Somehow? Or am I out ~$120 with nothing to show for it? Despite being a mistake, does Lutron honor a return on these merits? The idea of a short wasn't brought up in the conversation, and it was determined to be the control which is why I replaced the control to try again.

Administrator
    Hello ericrund9,

We are sorry to hear of the frustrations you are experiencing with your application. We would recommend calling into our 24/7 technical support team at 1-844-588-8771 and referencing case number 7545908 to see what options we can offer.

I've been issued several case numbers and when I call there is nothing offered except tough luck. Here are all my case numbers so far, "7169493", "7249600", "7249598", now "7545908", for two switches if you are able to dive in further. Thanks

Administrator
    Eric, I dug through the cases. I tried to call you with a number that was attached to one of the cases, but there was no answer. If you can, please call in at 1-844-588-7661, and reference case number 7545908 so we can help you get this resolved.

fixable?

Quote Originally Posted by Jai H. View Post
    Eric, I dug through the cases. I tried to call you with a number that was attached to one of the cases, but there was no answer. If you can, please call in at 1-844-588-7661, and reference case number 7545908 so we can help you get this resolved.
    Eric,
    What was the outcome of your problem? I have the same issue with a fan/light control that popped and blew the breaker. Are they fixable, or a way to reset? Thanks.