Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Controlling Wall Power Module devices from Essential Software

Controlling Wall Power Module devices from Essential Software

Hi There,

I'm thinking of getting a starter RadioRa2 system from a dealer that has suggested starting me out with 3 Wall Power Module and some seeTouch keypads. I want to expand the system and create new scenes on my own using the Essentials Software over time. I read that "programming" the WPM is only available on the dealer's Inclusive software, whatever that means.

My question is, once the dealer sets up the initial WPM+keypad system, can I add Picos and other keypads throughout the house to create other scenes based by the devices inside the WPM. In other words, will each of the WPM devices show up as a resource for me to use in creating Pico or other keypad scenes?

Thank you.

Jon

Follow-on question. If not in the Essentials software, then can I access the WPM devices through Lutron Connect Bridge app to create scenes?

Thank you.

You will be able to access the WPMs from any of the apps, and each zone will appear as a separate dimmer. When adding to a keypad button, each zone will appear individually.

You will only be able to add or subtract and change levels on existing scenes. Talk to your programmer and make sure you have the scene buttons you want, so you can modify them according to your tastes.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Thank you SDR-Mike for the quick response.

Just to clarify, so can I create scenes on Pico or keypad buttons on my own by grouping together various individual WPM zones, in Essentials? Or are you saying I can only assign one WPM zone to one keypad/pico button?

Please elaborate on the second sentence, what existing scenes are you referring to - the scenes that the dealer programmed into the seeTouch keypads, or scenes inside the WPMs?

Thank you so much. I'm on the fence and need to make a decision quick so they can continue their wiring.

The WPM's can only be designed and programmed in the Inclusive software. You can however add and subtract dimmers (or WPM zones in this case) when editing a keypad button from the app. You just have no control from the app over the type of keypad button (how the button behaves).

Thank you. It sounds like WPM won't work my purposes, because I want the ability to add picos or keypads on my own in the future to control some of the WPM zones. We're now talking Grafik Eyes instead. Any issues there? Or should I just go with individual NA or CL switches hidden in a closet, a suggestion from Lutron Tech Support.

Quote Originally Posted by sbguy01 View Post
    Thank you. It sounds like WPM won't work my purposes, because I want the ability to add picos or keypads on my own in the future to control some of the WPM zones. We're now talking Grafik Eyes instead. Any issues there? Or should I just go with individual NA or CL switches hidden in a closet, a suggestion from Lutron Tech Support.
    You could go either way. The CL's will be the most cost effective. I always recommend a neutral wire 10ND unless the laod type is a mystery or I know it is ELV, then I use the 6NA.