Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Repeater non-functional after upgrade attempt (10.2 to 11.0)

Repeater non-functional after upgrade attempt (10.2 to 11.0)

Hello, I can't find any reference for the LED flashing that's occurring. I just attempted to flash a 10.2 RR-MAIN-REP with 11.0, from what had been 10.2. It got about 80% and then failed, suggesting I try power cycling and beginning again. I did that, device never came back up. Now I have a repeater which flashes it's RF, Wired, Test and Add LED's green all at the same time, about once every three seconds. The ethernet port behaves the same way; the link and tx/rx lights come on, it establishes communication with the switch for a second or so, then it goes back down.

Sounds like it's stuck in a boot loop since the ethernet has been impacted as well.

Since it never comes up and never stops what it's doing (waited up to 30 minutes), has it been bricked?

I tried factory resetting it, by triple tapping Test with a hold on the third press, and it never stops this same flash pattern, so it appears factory reset is not possible either.

Confirmed my suspicion via serial:

Checking FLASH space...
    BOOT Start Location = 0xceedb002
    BOOT Revision = 3.0.21
    BOOT Min Boot Revision Required = 0.121.26968
    Starting BOOT code @ 0x00008418

that repeats in a loop. :-(

Call tech. If you don't have access to a replacement, they can walk you through the Gulliver rebuild. I've done it several times. But the easiest is to get a replacement main and replace. The current one should be a warranty.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

I appreciate it thanks. I'm comfortable with serial console / networking so I'll investigate that.

Quote Originally Posted by ispcolohost View Post
    I appreciate it thanks. I'm comfortable with serial console / networking so I'll investigate that.
    The full install of the software will actually have everything you need in the Gulliver folder. Should be able to force a boot communicator upgrade and firmware upgrade, then find with 11.0 and transfer. Tech usually has someone on that can direct you to the appropriate files elsewhere in the Lutron folder. I believe there are several options for the communicator and firmware, they can tell you the right files to use.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ispcolohost View Post
    The full install of the software will actually have everything you need in the Gulliver folder. Should be able to force a boot communicator upgrade and firmware upgrade, then find with 11.0 and transfer. Tech usually has someone on that can direct you to the appropriate files elsewhere in the Lutron folder. I believe there are several options for the communicator and firmware, they can tell you the right files to use.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols